Center for Access Services (CAS)
Invest in College Success
Invest in College Success is an innovative public-private partnership designed to help community college students make informed decisions on how to manage college costs and, in doing so, increase their likelihood of continuing higher education year-to-year and completing a college degree. The project partners - The Midas Collaborative, uAspire and three Massachusetts community colleges - are working collaboratively to serve 1,400-1,600 students over the next two years. The outcomes and impacts will be closely studied by the evaluation partner, the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston. Collectively, the partners bring a wealth of knowledge and experience with helping individuals from lower income backgrounds afford college, develop financial management skills and build economic assets.
What is ICS?
Invest in College Success (ICS) is a STCC Matched Savings Program, for every $1 saved you receive $2. You can save up to $750 and receive up to $1,500 in matched money, giving you possibly $2,250 towards your educational expenses.
Am I eligible?
To qualify, you must:
- Be 18 years old and a registered STCC student
- Be currently working
- Have completed between 6 and 30 college credits and have at least a 2.0 GPA
- Be willing and able to save at least $63 per month
- Attend 12 hours of financial literacy education
- Be eligible for Financial Aid
- Have a household income below an amount specified by the program (see chart below):
|Size of Family Unit||200% of Poverty|
To Learn More:
Visit the Center for Access Services & Single Stop office in Bldg. 15/Rm. 107, or call 413-755-5761 Monday-Friday, between the hours of 8am-4pm.