College Now (Dual Enrollment Program) Questions and Answers
- What is College Now?
- College Now is a dual enrollment program that allows high
school students to enroll in one STCC course per semester free of charge. Students
who begin their junior year can take up to eight free courses! Courses may be taken
to fulfill high school graduation requirements or to pursue an academic interest.
- What are the rules of the program?
- College Now students are subject to the College s policies and procedures.
- Students must meet all course prerequisite requirements. Placement tests
may be required for certain courses and must be taken prior to registration.
- Online, developmental/remedial, ESL, and non-credit courses cannot be taken.
- Students are responsible for the cost of textbooks and any course materials.
- Do I have to provide my own transportation to STCC?
- Yes, you must provide your own
transportation. Information on how to obtain a free parking decal or a free PVTA
bus pass is available here: http://www.stcc.edu/parking/.
- Am I responsible for textbook and course material fees?
- Yes, College
Now students are responsible for any textbook and/or course material fees.
- Can College
Now students receive federal financial aid?
- College Now students are not eligible for federal financial
aid. Federal financial aid guidelines require that all financial aid applicants
have graduated from high school (or have earned their GED/HiSET) and be admitted
into a degree program in order to be eligible for federal financial aid.
- Can a participant
take more than one course?
- Students can only take one free
course per semester. If a student registers for an additional course, (s)he will
be required to pay for that additional course.
- What if I haven't
met the placement test requirements for my course?
- You cannot take a course until
the prerequisite requirements are met. Your guidance counselor can assist you in
choosing another course that does not have a placement test requirement.
- Can I transfer
STCC courses to a different college once I graduate from high school?
- It is highly recommended that you
speak directly to the transfer college regarding their transfer policies. Most colleges
have a minimum grade requirement for transfer courses.
- How can I print my final STCC transcript?
- You must request an official transcript
from the Registrar s Office. More information regarding the transcript request form
is available on the Registrar s website here: