Cooperative Education/Career Services & Transfer Affairs
The mission of Cooperative Education/Career Services and Transfer Affairs is to assist students in preparing and locating co-op and internship placements; to provide students and alumni with job search strategies, techniques and resources to secure career employment; and to facilitate the transition process for those students who are planning to continue their education at four-year Colleges or Universities. These outcomes are achieved by providing high quality services that meet the needs of STCC students and alumni.
This office offers a wide variety of employment-related services to students and alumni. The Cooperative Education program allows students to earn credit for taking advantage of part-time employment in their field while completing degree requirements. Career Services assists students and alumni who are seeking full-time or part-time employment after graduation. Both programs strive to bring students and the business community together for their mutual benefit.
In order to participate in Cooperative Education, a student must have achieved a 2.5 quality point average. Most students participate in a Cooperative Education/Internship during their third semester in an established major.
For more information, contact the Office of Cooperative Education/Career Services and Transfer Affairs, Bldg. 27, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at (413) 755-4464, Fax: (413) 755-6316.
Career Services offers employment assistance to both graduating students and alumni at each step in the career search process. During the course of their academic programs, students are encouraged to seek assistance in career planning. Counseling is provided to help choose, change, or confirm career goals in conjunction with academic advisors and the Counseling Center. Guidance in writing resumes and cover letters and in developing interview skills necessary to the job search process is available to students and alumni.
Current employment listings are available on a year-round basis covering both the public and private sectors. On- and off-campus interviewing is arranged to accommodate the needs of area employers and graduating seniors. All graduating seniors and alumni are encouraged to register with the Career Center on-line to obtain job information. Please click on Career Net and follow the instructions to register.
- Graduation and Transfer Rates: For more information, please go to the Institutional Effectiveness main webpage: http://www.stcc.edu/ir/.
The STCC Career Services Department works closely with area and regional employers to assist them in finding students/graduates to fill their job openings. Please visit our Career Center on-line to create a profile and to post your Co-op/internship, full-time, part-time or summer job information. To participate in the annual job fair or On-Campus Recruitment Program, please contact Springfield Technical Community College, Cooperative Education/Career Services and Transfer Affairs, P.O. Box 9000, Suite 1, Springfield, MA 01102-9000, (413) 755-4464, Fax: (413) 755-6316, E-mail: PJWhite@stcc.edu.
Below is a list of services and resources available to students and alumni:
- co-op job information
- internship information
- job development assistance
- job conversion into co-op credit
- Find an Internship: http://www.internhere.com/
- Massachusetts Internship Collaborative: http://www.massitsallhere.com/stayhere/
- job and employer information
- job search handouts
- resume and cover letter assistance
- mock interviews
- free lifetime career services assistance
- on-campus recruitment program
- job search videos/career seminars
- Career Net(on-line Career Center for employers and students)
- Access to additional on-line career tools and resources that are provided by the IAJVS National Collaboration and funded by the U.S. Department of Labor: http://www.gatewaytocareers.com/
- MBTI and other career exploration assessment tools available to current students
- access to College catalogs/applications/viewbooks
- individual counseling
- credit evaluations
- transfer workshops
- on-campus college transfer program
- scholarship information
The following link provides information as to the STCC academic programs approved for MassTransfer at the Massachusetts four-year Colleges and Universities: http://www.mass.edu/masstransfer/home.asp.
Please stop by or call and make an appointment to see us concerning any of the above services and resources. Please review the Transfer Affairs page for more information.