Career Assessment Tool
Career Services is pleased to announce that the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is available to current STCC students to assist them in determining their personality type and personal style. Students who wish to take this assessment tool will find that it will be instrumental in helping them to make important decisions that will help guide them through their College; career development process and throughout life.
Notable Benefits of the MBTI:
- Nurtures and retains students by helping them understand their preferred learning style
- Develops students’ leadership skills
- Helps reduce classroom conflict
- Provides students the opportunity to explore careers best suited to their type preferences
- Creates an atmosphere of understanding and clear communication
- Teaches students about their type preferences, interactions with others, strengths, and opportunities for growth
- Provides valuable self-knowledge that extends well beyond the classroom or career center
- Creates a foundation for effectively engaging students in the use of personality type concepts of the MBTI
Students are welcome to schedule an appointment to meet with a Career Services/Certified MBTI Practitioner to discuss and obtain instructions on how to take the assessment and its guidelines for doing so. After completing the assessment students are required to schedule another appointment for interpretation and counseling.
For more information, please contact the Office of Cooperative Education/Career Services and Transfer Affairs, Building 27, 2nd Fl., Rm. 265, M-F, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at (413) 755-4464, Fax: (413) 755-6316, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.