The mission of the Diversity Council is to ensure
that everyone at STCC has a voice.
- The STCC Diversity Council is composed of employees who represent
all facets of the college community who are dedicated and committed
to the importance of Diversity and Inclusion.
- Each Council member will serve as a leader who believes in,
is passionate about and is willing to demonstrate their commitment
to Diversity and Inclusion by working towards incorporating these
concepts into every aspect of the mission and strategic planning
of the institution.
- Each Council member will participate in their own self-journey
related to Diversity and Inclusion which will be beneficial to themselves
and the College.
- Each Council member will be diligent about being able to understand
and articulate the diversity mission.
- Each Council member will serve as leaders both on campus and
in the community to share the importance of the Colleges' Diversity
initiative. Council members will work to be sure that there
is Inclusion and Diversity in all the College's operations.
- Diversity Council members will be the eyes and ears of the campus
in ensuring that all interactions of the STCC Community members
exhibit mutual respect, integrity, inclusivity, sensitivity, fairness,
dignity and trust of an individual's: race, ethnicity, gender, age,
sexual preference, nationalities and religious preferences.
- Diversity Council members will work to provide education and
support to faculty, staff and students to ensure proficiency in
the understanding of Diversity and Inclusion learning.
- The Diversity Council members recognize that diversity is an
on-going initiative with long-term success which will require that
Council members be creative in their planning to work to ensure
that Diversity and Inclusion is sustainable and becomes the norm
for the institution.
- The Diversity Council members will be sure that everyone at
the STCC table has a voice!