STCC HR & EBOC - Casual Business Dress Policy
Technical Community College strives to maintain the highest quality
of professional service to Greater Springfield and surrounding
communities. Our expertise, personal appearance and a positive
attitude affect the way each employee’s job is viewed
by our students, our other customers and by our colleagues on campus.
With approval of the Board of Trustees, STCC has adopted a
casual business dress code, five day per week, for the summer,
commencing on June 1st and ending on Labor Day. Business casual
attire is an alternative to traditional, more formal business
Employees who are not STCC uniformed personnel may choose to either casual attire or traditional business attire during the summer months.
Casual Business Wear Guidelines
- Aim for a classic and understated look when selecting your casual business wear for the day. Pick clothing that is comfortable yet communicates a professional attitude.
- Combine some of your existing business wardrobe with casual attire. Such clothing as collared sport shirts, blazers/sport coats, sweaters/cardigans, skirts, blouses, slacks and dresses are appropriate.
- Casual does not mean “dress down”. Check with your manager ahead of time if you have any questions. Jeans, “short shorts”, T-shirts and sweatshirts are not appropriate. Bermuda shorts, “skorts”, walking shorts and khakis are permissible.
- Keep the focus on the quality of your work, not on what you wear. Anything you might wear to the gym or to play sports in would not be appropriate. Halter tops and bare midriffs are never acceptable as STCC business attire.
- Pay attention to the fit of your clothing.
- Footwear – Wear casual shoes such as loafers, flats, leather deck shoes or athletic shoes. Beach flip flops are not acceptable.
- Take your day’s schedule into account when you are dressing. If you have a meeting scheduled with visitors, dress more traditionally. In all cases, our professional image must appropriately represent the College under all circumstances.
- Casual clothing should make you and everyone you work with feel more comfortable. Please use good judgment.
WHILE WE MAY RELAX
OUR ATTIRE DURING THE SUMMER, WE MUST NEVER RELAX OUR ATTITUDES
PROVIDING EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY SERVICE.S