A-Z List of Online Resources
- Subject List of Online ResourcesClick link for subject guided list of databases.
- Community Users Use this link if you aren't affiliated with STCC but have a C/W MARS library card.
- Get a Boston Public Library eCard! Use it to access the BPL eBook catalog and databases.
- 360 Link (On
Campus | Off
An A to Z list of the library's electronic journal titles.
- 360 Search (On
Campus | Off
Searches almost all library databases (and the catalog) simultaneously. You may also choose to search several selected databases, or databases within a particular subject area or areas.
Campus | Off
Search multiple EBSCOHost databases simultaneously including Academic Search Premier, CINHAL and more.
- Gale Databases(On
Campus | Off
Search multiple Gale databases simultaneously including Academic OneFile, Biography in Context and more.
- Academic OneFile (On Campus | Off Campus)
A source for peer-reviewed, full-text articles from the world's leading journals and reference sources, including coverage of the physical sciences, technology, medicine, social sciences and the humanities. It includes New York Times articles from 1995.
- Academic Search Premier (On
Campus | Off
This multi-disciplinary database provides full text articles to many journals and magazines, including peer-reviewed or scholarly titles. Academic Search Premier includes nearly every area of academic study such as the social sciences, natural science and more.
- AccessScience (On Campus | Off Campus)
Online edition of the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology, with current articles and breaking science news such as research updates from the McGraw-Hill Yearbooks of Science & Technology, plus definitions and biographies of scientists.
- African American History Online (On Campus | Off Campus)
Covering 500 years of African American history, this resource includes primary source documents, multimedia files, and reference articles from dozens of academic sources.
- Alt-Healthwatch(On Campus | Off Campus)
Covers complementary and alternative medicine, focusing on the perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to health care and wellness. Offers full text to journals and reports (many peer reviewed) and other materials.
- American National Biography (On Campus | Off Campus)
Biographies of more than 17,000 deceased Americans. It includes articles about men and women, from all eras and walks of life, whose lives have shaped the nation. There are hyperlinked cross-references and links to selected web sites.
- Annals of American History(On Campus | Off Campus)
Primary source documents, multimedia, and images exploring a diverse array of U.S. History topics.
- Biography In Context (On Campus | Off Campus)
Biography Resource Center combines biographies of more than 380,000 people with related full-text articles from magazines and newspapers, images, and links to selected websites..
- Biomedical Reference Collection: Basic(On Campus | Off Campus)
Designed for doctors, research scientist, students and clinical specialists, this database provides full text for journals in various areas pertaining to medical study, including clinical medicine, nursing, dentistry, and the health care system.
- Books and Authors(On Campus | Off Campus)
Explore 140,000 titles and 50,000 authors, find read-alikes, award winners, and librarian's favorites. Want to know What to Read Next? Books and Authors can help!
- Boston Globe(On Campus | Off Campus)
Full text from 1980 forward.
- Business Insights: Essentials(On Campus | Off Campus)
Accurate, up-to-date company and industry information for thousands of firms. Includes company profiles, rankings, investment reports, company histories, chronologies, and periodicals.
- Business Source Premier (On Campus | Off Campus)
Provides full text to journals, magazines and peer-reviewed titles. BSP covers disciplines of business including marketing, management, MIS, POM, accounting, finance and economics.
- Chronicle of Higher Education(On Campus | Off Campus)
Online version of this source of news, information, and jobs for college and university faculty members and administrators. It includes daily news and advice columns; articles published since September 1989; discussion forums.
- CIA World Factbook (Homepage)
The World Factbook provides up to date information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 266 world entities. The Factbook includes politcal maps, flags of the world and more.
- CINAHL with Full Text(On Campus | Off Campus)
Provides full text to nursing and allied health journals. The database includes such disciplines as physical therapy, occupational therapy, consumer health, and alternative therapies.
- Contemporary Literary Criticism - Select(On Campus | Off Campus)
A collection of critical essays on contemporary authors. Each entry contains a biographical/critical introduction, a list of principal works, critical essays, and sources for further study.
- CQ Researcher (On Campus | Off Campus)
A source for in-depth reports on current issues including social trends, criminal justice, international affairs, education, the environment and the economy. Report include an overview, background and chronology, and a pro/con statement.
- Credo Reference (On
Campus | Off
Access to more than 350 reference titles, including encyclopedias, dictionaries, thesauri, and atlases in all major subjects. Also, Credo Reference offers a visual map of research using their Concept Map in addition to other tools.
- Criminal Justice Collection(On Campus | Off Campus)
Access to hundreds of full-text journals in the fields of law, paralegal studies, and criminal justice.
- Culinary Arts Collection(On Campus | Off Campus)
Includes major culinary and cooking publications as well as several Delmar Reference sources.
- C/W MARS Online Digital Catalog (On
Campus | Off
Thousands of downloadable audiobooks and full text ebooks, including fiction, career, technical and health titles.
- Dentistry & Oral Health Sciences (On Campus | Off Campus)
Full text access to more than 130 journals in the fields of dentistry and oral health.
- EasyBib(On Campus | Off Campus)
Create and track your citations in both MLA and APA style.
- ebrary(On Campus | Off Campus)
Access books online on a variety of topics, such as Nursing, Law Enforcement, Civil Rights and more.
- EBSCO ebooks(On Campus | Off Campus)
Search the contents of more than 7,000 ebooks on subject such as Health, Information Technology, History and more.
- Educator's Reference Complete(On Campus | Off Campus)
Educator's Reference Complete is a selection of full-text academic journals, hundreds of full-text reports, and many premier reference sources. Included content focuses on educational principles, child development and psychology, and best practices in education. The majority of the full-text titles included are also found in the ERIC database.
- Environmental Studies and Policy Collection (On
Campus | Off
Full-text coverage from more than 700 environmental journals.
- ERIC(On Campus | Off Campus)
ERIC, the Education Resource Information Center, provides access to education literature and resources. The database provides access to information from journals included in the Current Index of Journals in Education and Resources in Education Index.
- Expanded Academic ASAP (On Campus | Off Campus)
This database includes abstracts and full text from scholarly journals, news magazines, and newspapers across all academic disciplines from arts and the humanities to social sciences, science and technology.
- Ferguson's Career Guidance Center (On
Campus | Off Campus)
Provides detailed profiles of more than 3,300 jobs and 94 industries, invaluable advice on career skills, more than 48,000 resource entries, and much more.
- Films on Demand (On
Campus | Off Campus)
Hundreds of educational films in dozens of academic disciplines.
- Funk & Wagnall's New World Encyclopedia (On
Campus | Off
Provides thousands of encyclopedia entries covering a variety of subject areas, including some images and brief biographies.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (On
Campus | Off
A database of encyclopedias and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research. It includes about 25 reference books, on topics such as fashion, films, small business, geology, literature, medicine, religion and mulitcultural studies.
- Gardening, Landscape, and Horticulture Collection (On
Campus | Off
Nearly fifty titles covering the areas of agriculture, horticulture, farming, and landscape design.
- General OneFile (On
Campus | Off
Includes news and periodical articles on a wide range of topics: business, computers, current events, economics, education, the environment, health care, hobbies, humanities, law, literature and art, politics, science, social science and general interest.
- General Reference Center Gold (On
Campus | Off
A general interest database that integrates a variety of sources - newspapers, reference books, magazines, and trade publications. Find articles on current events, popular culture, business and industry trends, the arts and sciences, sports and hobbies.
globalEDGE connects business professionals and students alike to a wealth of information, insights, and learning resources on global business activities. Each conuntry profile details up to date political, demographic and business information. Created by the International Business Center at Michigan State University (IBC), globalEDGE™ and partly funded through the U.S. Department of Education.
- Global Issues in Context(On Campus | Off Campus)
International viewpoints on a broad spectrum of global issues. Users can browse by country or by subject to explore the database.
- Health and Wellness Resource Center(On Campus | Off Campus)
Access to nearly 400 health and medical journals, hundreds of pamphlets and more than 700 health-related videos.
- Health Reference Center Academic(On Campus | Off Campus)
Provides access to the full text of nursing and allied health journals, plus a variety of personal health information sources. The material contained in this database is intended for informational purposes only.
- Health Source: Consumer Edition(On Campus | Off Campus)
This collection of consumer health information provides information on many health topics including the medical sciences, food sciences and nutrition, childcare, sports medicine and general health, with access to consumer health magazines.
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition(On Campus | Off Campus)
This database provides nearly 550 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. It also features AHFS Drug Information, which covers generic drug patient education sheets with many brand names.
- Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure Collection(On Campus | Off Campus)
A targeted database of more than 500 journals and 400 travel guides for the hospitality and tourism industry.
- IEEE Xplore (On Campus | Off Campus)
Offers more than 400 engineering ebook titles from the "world's largest professional organization for the advancement of technology."
- Issues & Controversies (On Campus | Off Campus)
Issues and Controversies offers in-depth articles to explore "hot topics" in politics, government, business, education, and popular culture. Many articles are based on issues from the news, with links to key news coverage and other background information.
- Kids InfoBits(On Campus | Off Campus)
Kids InfoBits is a database developed for beginning researchers in Kindergarten through Grade 5. It features a colorful, image-filled interface, and covers geography, current events, the arts, science, health, people, government, history, sports and more.
- Lexis-Nexis Academic Universe(On Campus | Off Campus)
Provides an extensive collection of general news sources like the New York Times or Washington Post. LexisNexis also includes information on business topics, business profiles, legal issues, and a "people search" feature.
- Literature Resource Center(On Campus | Off Campus)
A comprehensive resource dedicated to Literary Criticism, biographical information, and more than 850,000 full-text articles about authors and their works.
- Magill's Medical Guide(On Campus | Off Campus)
Online version of the popular medical encyclopedia. It is intended for broad informational and educational purposes only.
- Mango Languages(On Campus | Off Campus)
Mango is an online language learning system that teaches real conversation skills for practical communication. Through fun and engaging interactive lessons, Mango makes learning a new language fast, easy and incredibly effective. The system is completely web-based and remotely accessible, so you can learn anywhere you have an internet connection. As you listen to and repeat after native speakers, you'll learn more than just words and phrases. You'll learn how those pieces can be rearranged and combined to make new thoughts, new conversations, and even more practical communication.
- MAS Ultra School Edition(On Campus | Off Campus)
Designed specifically for high school libraries, this database contains full text for popular, high school magazines. It also includes full text reference books, as well as biographies, primary source documents and images.
- Massachusetts History Online(On Campus | Off Campus)
Contains full-text articles gathered from sources that directly relate to Massachusetts history.
- Masterfile Premier(On Campus | Off Campus)
This multidisciplinary database provides full text to periodicals including general reference, news, business, health, education and general science. It includes book reviews, full text reference books, primary sources and images.
- Medcom Nursing Collection(On Campus | Off Campus)
Dozens of Nursing and Allied Health videos, ranging in subject from Anatomy and Physiology to Wound Care. The videos contain online post tests, suitable for Continuing Education credits.
- Medline(On Campus | Off Campus)
MEDLINE (created by the National Library of Medicine) provides information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system and more. Search many journal articles, some with linked full text.
- Military & Government Collection(On Campus | Off Campus)
Designed to offer current news pertaining to all branches of the military and government, this database offers a collection of periodicals, academic journals and other content pertinent to their needs.
- Mitchell1 Auto Repair(On Campus | Off Campus)
Mitchell1 OnDemand is the web version of Mitchell's automobile repair and estimating software.
- New York Times(On Campus | Off Campus)
Search the full text of The New York Times (starting in 1995).
- NewsBank(On Campus | Off Campus)
Search current and archived newspaper and newswire coverage of issues, events, people, government, sports and more with the largest collection of full-text U.S. newspapers. NewsBank also offers access to 10 local newspapers throughout the 4 Western Massachusetts counties.
- Newspaper Source(On Campus | Off Campus)
Newspaper Source provides full text for national and international newspapers, including The Christian Science Monitor, USA Today, and The Washington Post, plus selective full text for many regional newspapers, as well as radio and television transcripts.
- NoveList(On Campus | Off Campus)
A guide to "What to Read Next", that allows you to search for titles based on level, subject, title or author. Includes descriptions of authors and their works.
- Nursing and Allied Health Collection(On Campus | Off Campus)
Includes nearly 6 million articles on nursing and other health fields.
- Nursing and Allied Health Source(On Campus | Off Campus)
Reliable information, much of it evidence-based, in the fields of nursing and allied health.
- Nursing Resource Center(On Campus | Off Campus)
A database covering all aspects of nursing, from research to patient care. Incudes almost 400 titles.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context(On Campus | Off Campus)
Designed for students who are researching controversial topics, Opposing Viewpoints draws on the Greenhaven Press series of the same name. Includes thousands of articles on today's hottest social issues.
- Oxford Art Online(On Campus | Off Campus)
Allows access to an online encyclopedia of biographies, art movements, genres and images.
- Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine Collection(On Campus | Off Campus)
More than 100 titles in the fields of sports medicine and physical therapy.
- Primary Search(On Campus | Off Campus)
Primary Search provides full text for more than 70 popular, magazines for elementary school research, with abstracts for others. Magazines include Cricket, Highlights for Children, Hopscotch, Jack & Jill, Ladybug, Ranger Rick, Science World and Spider. Includes content from EBSCO Animals.
- Professional Development Collection(On Campus | Off Campus)
Designed for educators, this database provides a specialized collection of education journals with many peer-reviewed titles. Examples are Booklist, Curriculum Administrator, Education and Education Digest. It also contains educational reports.
- Psychology & Behavioral Sciences(On Campus | Off Campus)
A comprehensive database covering information concerning topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational & experimental methods. Includes full text articles.
- PubMed(Homepage)THE index to medical and allied health content. Some full text is available. Ask for help the first time you use PUBMED, as the search interface can be difficult to navigate.
- Regional Business News(On Campus | Off Campus)
This database provides comprehensive full text coverage for regional business publications. Regional Business News incorporates coverage of more than 80 regional business publications covering all metropolitan and rural areas within the United States.
- Religion & Philosophy Collection(On Campus | Off Campus)
The database provides coverage of topics such as world religions, major denominations, biblical studies, religious history, political philosophy, philosophy of language, moral philosophy and the history of philosophy.
- Salem Literature(On Campus | Off Campus)
Critical Insights - A series that distills the best of both classic and current literary criticism of the world’s most-studied literature. Each volume in the series focuses on an individual author’s entire body of work or on a single work of literature.
Critical Surveys - A series that offer extensive profiles of the major writers within a particular genre as well as sections devoted to elements such as genre overviews, award winners, and time lines.
Masterplots 4th Edition - Analyzes the most important works in all genres.
- Science Direct(On Campus | Off Campus)
Full text academic journal articles in physical and life sciences, medicine and engineering.
- Science in Context(On Campus | Off Campus)
Contextual information on hundreds of contemporary science topics. Combines reference content with full-text magazine articles, journals, news articles, images, videos and even experiments.
- Science Online (On Campus | Off Campus)
Science news, and articles from science reference books from Facts on File. There also are diagrams experiments, videos and animations, biographies and timelines.
- Serials Directory (On Campus | Off Campus)
The Serials Directory provides access to bibliographic information as well as current pricing structures for popular serials.
- Sharpe Online Reference (On Campus | Off Campus)
Includes two separate reference titles - World Food and Social Issues in America.
- Spanish Edition: Moderna (On Campus | Off Campus)
A Spanish Language encyclopedia, con miles de artículos.
- Student Edition(On Campus | Off Campus)
This periodical database is designed for high-school students with access to a variety of indexed and full-text magazines, newspapers, podcasts, and reference books for information on current events, the arts, science, popular culture, health and more.
- U.S. History in Context (On Campus | Off Campus)
Contextual information on hundreds of people, events, and topics in United States history. Full of full-text magazines, academic journals, primary source documents, images, videos and audio files.
- Vocations & Careers Collection (On Campus | Off Campus)
Content from nearly 400 journals on career and vocational guidance.
- WorldCat(On Campus | Off Campus)
WorldCat lets you search the bibliographic records for books and other materials in thousands of libraries worldwide.
- World Data Analyst(On Campus | Off Campus)
View demographic and economic data for hundreds of countries, or compare statistics between two or more nations.
- World History in Context(On Campus | Off Campus)
Information on the most important people, topics and events over the course of World History.