STCC Office of Disability Services (ODS)
The Office of Disability Services at STCC strives to achieve equal educational and program opportunities and full participation within the college for persons with disabilities. Support services and academic accommodations allow students with disabilities equal access to all programs at the college.
Any student with a documented disability is eligible to register for services.
Prior to registering with the Office of Disability Services students should bring in documentation of their disability from a licensed professional.
Documentation should include recommendations for accommodations and justification for the request.
Early planning is essential for many of the accommodations provided. Students meet with the Office of Disability Services staff prior to the start of each semester to review accommodation needs.
The Office of Disability Services is the official contact for students with disabilities. Services provided by the office include (but are not limited to):
- Testing and classroom accommodations
- Text in electronic format/referral for electronic text
- Specialized adaptive equipment
- Assistive listening devices
- Provision of note takers and/or readers
- Information available on resources for diagnostic testing
- Arrangements for sign language interpreters
- Assistance with self-advocacy for students
- Evaluation and training for assistive technology
- Supportive counseling
- Consultation with faculty
Office of Disability Services
Springfield Technical Community College
One Armory Square
Building 27, Second Floor
Springfield, MA 01102
- Phone: 413-755-4785
- Fax: 413-755-6323