STCC offers an on-campus instructor-led Online Learning Orientation at the beginning of each semester. Attending one of the orientation sessions is optional, but highly recommended for students new to taking online courses or using the Blackboard Learning System. All sessions will last 1.5 hours and will take place in the Library Computer Lab (Building 27, Room 129), unless otherwise noted.
If you have any questions about the orientation program, please contact the STCC Online Learning Office at (413) 755-4345 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Important STCC academic policies and procedures
- Accessing and using the Blackboard Learning System
- Obtaining academic and technical support
After completing the orientation, participants should know how to:
- Access and navigate an online course
- Retrieve important course documents
- Submit assignments and check grades
- Communicate with instructors and classmates
Spring 2013 Orientation Schedule
- Wednesday, May 29 - 1:30pm
- Wednesday, May 29 - 5:30pm (BLDG 2, RM 410)
- Thursday, May 30 - 12:00pm
- Friday, May 31 - 9:30am
- Tuesday, June 4 - 9:30am
Other Important Dates
Semester begins: Monday, June 3
Access to Blackboard courses: Friday, May 31 (11:00am)
All orientation sessions will take place in the Library Computer Lab (Building 27/ Room 129), unless otherwise noted. Campus Map
The Online Learning Orientation is optional and each session will cover the same material. Attending one of the orientation sessions is highly recommended for students new to taking online courses or using the Blackboard Learning System.
System Administrator, Distance Education