Emergency Guide - Bomb Threat
In the event that you receive a bomb threat:
- Remain calm and attempt to obtain as much information from the
caller as possible. Try to write down or remember:
- Words the caller used
- What the caller wanted
- Person the caller asked for
- Keep the caller on the line as long as possible. Listen
- Tone and characteristics of the caller's voice
- Your familiarity with the caller's voice
- Gender/age of the caller's voice
- Background noise
- Call the STCC Police at 3911 from a College phone or 755-3911
from any other phone (avoid using a cellular phone if possible)
and provide the dispatcher with:
- Your name
- Your location
- Your phone number
- Details of the situation
- Time you received the call
- Notify your supervisor/department head
- Look for anything unusual in your work area. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING UNUSUAL. If you spot something unusual, point it out to any responding Public Safety officer or Safety officer.
- Follow all directions of the Police officer or other emergency personnel responding to the scene.
- If instructed to evacuate, move at least 500 feet away from the area (take your keys and personal belongings with you) and await further instructions from emergency personnel.
- Do not re-enter the building until instructed by emergency personnel.