STCC Policy - Lost and Found
Lost & Found items are kept at the Main Police Building for up to 90 days. If the item's original owner can be identified, STCC Police will attempt to locate and notify that person of the item.
If you found an item, please turn it into Lost and Found at the Main Campus Police Office Building, or drop it off at the Main Gate.
If you lost an item, please check with Campus Police during regular business hours Monday through Friday. (Unfortunately, there is no access to Lost and Found over the weekend or the holidays. Please call on Monday.)
Additionally, not every found article is turned into STCC Police. Sometimes, faculty in your department might retain the object for you.
All property turned in to the Campus Police Department is to be disposed off in accordance with the policy as underlined below:
Every effort will be made to locate the owner of the property. Property owners appearing at the Campus Police Office will be required to offer proof of ownership prior to having the items turned over to them.
Unclaimed property is to be held for a period of 90 days. At the end of the 90 days, the unclaimed items may be returned to the finder or disposed of as follows:
- Money - All money turned in as lost and found and not claimed in accordance with the above will be donated to a charitable organization.
- Clothing - All serviceable clothing will be turned over to a charitable organization.
- Eyeglasses - All eyeglasses will be turned over to a charitable organization specializing in areas related to vision such as the Lions.
- Jewelry - All jewelry will be turned over to the Salvation Army in November of each year.
- Keys - All keys will be disposed of after 90 days.