Tips for Safety and Security
It is the philosophy of the STCC Police that the college campus, like any community, is not exempt from crimes and violations of the law.
As citizens, it is our duty to look out for one another. The cooperation and involvement of all members of the campus community are absolutely necessary. Students, staff, and faculty must assume some responsibility for their personal safety and the security of their personal belongings by taking simple, common sense precautionary measures.
If you witness suspicious activity, report it by calling 755-4220. In case of an emergency, dial 3911 on any phone system on campus (or 755-3911 on your cell phone.)
Crime Prevention Tips:
- Report suspicious persons and activities immediately. (All emergencies dial 3911 or 755-3911.)
- Use the shuttle van service for transportation between your assigned student parking lot and the campus during the day.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Avoid walking through poorly-lit, remote, or scarcely-lit areas alone in the evening. Instead, use the police escort service.
- Move your car on campus after 4 PM if you have another class (or a school function) to attend.
- Vehicles should be locked at all times, with valuables locked in the trunk or concealed.
- Do not leave books, jewelry, backpacks, calculators, wallets, or other property unattended.
- Keep all lockers, desks, and file cabinets locked when valuables are kept in them.
- Keys should be carried at all times and never loaned to others.
- Be aware of the locations of emergency phones. They are located throughout campus buildings. In case of emergency, dial 3911.
- Do not leave your car on campus overnight. If you have a reason for doing so, notify the Police at STCC at 755-4220 to make arrangements.