Registrar - FAQ

1. How do I change my personal information at STCC?

Name Change

In order for a Massachusetts Community College student to officially change his or her name on college records the student must present to the Registrar's Office a certified copy of a court order indicating a legal name change has been granted along with an official photo ID. Examples of court orders include: a marriage license, divorce decree, and other court authorized legal name change documentation.

Address/phone Change

Students can change their address/phone number in-person at the Registrar's Office with a valid photo ID or via email from a valid STCC student Gmail account.

2. When can I register for classes?

Returning students can register during Priority Registration which takes place in November and April. Notices regarding specific dates are mailed to current students each semester and are also indicated on the Academic calendar. Students must schedule an appointment with their advisor prior to registering for classes.

First-time students or students changing their degree program will be notified by the Admissions Office of the time, or contact information, for scheduling their classes.

Students may also schedule an appointment with an advisor in the Student Success Center located on the 1st Floor of Building 27 by calling 413-755-4715

3. How do I request a grade change?

A student may dispute a grade with his/her professor. If a grade change is warranted, the professor will submit the appropriate paperwork to the Registrar's Office for processing.

4. How do I withdraw from a course(s)?

A student may withdraw from a course(s) after the Add/Drop period through the twelfth week of classes. Withdrawn courses are recorded on the official transcript as Ws. There is a deadline each semester for withdrawals. Summer sessions have shorter withdrawal periods. Please refer to the academic calendar for withdrawal deadline dates.

5. What do I need to do as I near graduation?

The Registrar's Office monitors student's records for degree or certificate completion. As you near completion of your program, you will receive correspondence from the office requesting that you review your program evaluation on WebAdvisor. We ask that you verify several important items:

  • Do you have transfer credit that does not appear? - See the Admissions Office
  • Is your academic program incorrect? - See the Admissions Office
  • Is your name or address incorrect? - See the Registrar's Office
  •  In your final semester, if your program evaluation status indicates, Pending, (anticipated complete) you will be notified that you are a potential graduate. You will NOT be required to submit graduation paperwork.

If your program evaluation indicates, In Progress but you feel you have completed your program requirements, you must make an appointment to see your Department Chairperson. If it is determined that you are eligible to graduate your Department Chairperson must sign an Intent to Graduate form and you must bring the completed form to the Registrar's Office by the deadline date indicated on the Academic Calendar.

6. What information is included on the Enrollment Verification?

The Enrollment Verification Report is only available in the Registrar's Office. The report includes the student's ID, name, dates of enrollment and anticipated graduation dates.

7. What is a directed study?

A directed study is an independent study that a student initiates with a professor. Forms are obtained at, and must be returned to, the Registrar's Office. The last day to submit a directed study form is the last day of Add/Drop.

8. What is CCGS (Cooperating Colleges of Greater Springfield) cross registration?

The Cooperating Colleges of Greater Springfield is an educational consortium composed of eight (8) public and private colleges in the Greater Springfield area. Cross registration has been established so that in each semester any CCGS student attempting at least six (6) semester hours in a degree program may enroll at another CCGS college for any regular-term day division course, as long as the desired course is not over-subscribed and will be used to fulfill the students degree requirements at the home institution. The student is billed by his/her home institution for the course. CCGS institutions include Springfield College, American International College, Baypath College, Western new England College, Westfield State College, Elms College and Holyoke Community College.

9. How do I reset my WebAdvisor and/or Gmail password?

Your WebAdvisor and Gmail passwords can be reset in-person at the Registrar's Office, Student Success Center, and Student Accounts - (WebAdvisor only). You can also obtain assistance from the IT Helpdesk at (413) 755-4016 or