STCC Student Accounts Office - Health Insurance Requirements
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts, effective September 1, 1989, requires each student carrying nine (9) credits or more to participate in the student health insurance program.
If a student has comparable coverage and wishes to waive participation in the Massachusetts Community College insurance plan, the student must complete a waiver form showing comparable coverage. The following health insurance cannot be used to waive the STCC health insurance: MassHealth Limited, the Health Safety Net and the Children's Medical Security Plan. Please review the following important information regarding waiving your health insurance as there are some changes from last year: Spring 2015 Important Waiver Info.pdf. For further information on the student health insurance you can go to web page http://www.mahealthconnector.org/HomePortal/faces/policycenter.
If you wish to waive your health insurance charge please:
- Log onto WebAdvisor
- Click on the STUDENTS tab
- Under FINANCIAL INFORMATION, click on HEALTH INSURANCE WAIVER
- Create an account with Gallagher Koster
- Complete the Waiver Form (See waiver form to determine eligibility)
The health insurance provider for the 2014/2015 academic year is Harvard Pilgrim Insurance Company, serviced through Gallagher Koster.
- The last day to waive the student health insurance for the Spring 2015 semester is the payment due date of your tuition bill.
- A student's bill must be paid in full before the College can forward a student's name and payment to the insurance company for coverage. Please note that all payments to the payment plan must be made and/or financial aid must be applied to the student's bill, resulting in a zero balance, before the appropriate information is forwarded to the insurance company.
The cost of the Fall 2014 policy effective September 1, 2014 through August 31, 2015 was $1,640. There is no requirement to purchase student health insurance for the summer session. The cost of the Spring 2015 policy effective January 1, 2015 through August 31, 2015, is $1,090. The insurance company will not process any claims until the student's bill is paid in full. In order for the insurance company to process claims, a student's bill must be paid in full (including financial aid) by October 31, 2014.
Health Insurance Documents:
- 2014-2015 Benefit and Deductible Information
- 2014-2015 STCC Health Insurance Info
- Instructions to Waive Health Insurance
- Frequently Asked Questions
Health Insurance Authorization Form
The STCC Student Accounts Office is required to obtain written authorization to apply Federal Financial Aid to the student health insurance charge. If you are relying on Financial Aid to pay your bill you must complete an Authorization Form so that we may apply financial aid to this charge. Students who have not already completed the form for the current academic year should complete the below form, print it, and bring it to the Student Accounts Office. A new/signed Authorization form is required each year.