STCC Student Accounts Office - Health Insurance Requirements
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts, effective September 1, 1989, requires each student carrying nine (9) credits or more to participate in the student health insurance program.
If a student has comparable coverage and wishes to waive participation in the Massachusetts Community College insurance plan, the student must complete a waiver form showing comparable coverage. Please note that Health Safety Net, Commonwealth Care and coverage from carriers outside of the United States are not considered comparable coverage. For further information on the student health insurance you can go to web page www.state.ma.us/dhcfp.
If you wish to waive your health insurance charge please:
- Log onto WebAdvisor
- Click on the STUDENTS tab
- Under FINANCIAL INFORMATION, click on HEALTH INSURANCE WAIVER
- Create an account with Gallagher Koster
- Complete the Waiver Form (See waiver form to determine eligibility)
The health insurance provider for the 2013/2014 academic year is Harvard Pilgrim Insurance Company, serviced through Gallagher Koster.
- The last day to waive the student health insurance for the Spring 2014 is March 31, 2014.
- The last day to waive the student health insurance for the Fall 2013 semester was October 1, 2013.
- A student's bill must be paid in full before the College can forward a student's name and payment to the insurance company for coverage. Please note that all payments to the payment plan must be made and/or financial aid must be applied to the student's bill, resulting in a zero balance, before the appropriate information is forwarded to the insurance company.
There is no requirement to purchase student health insurance for the summer session. The cost of the Spring 2014 policy effective January 1, 2014 through August 31, 2014, is $1,067. The cost of the Fall 2013 policy effective September 1, 2013 through August 31, 2014 was $1,603. The insurance company will not process any claims until the student's bill is paid in full. In order for the insurance company to process claims, a student's bill must be paid in full (including financial aid) by March 31, 2014.
Health Insurance Documents:
- Benefits and Highlights of Harvard Pilgrim Insurance Plan
- Instructions to Waive Health Insurance
- Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan Brochure
- Frequently Asked Questions
Health Insurance Authorization Form
The STCC Student Accounts Office is required to obtain written authorization to apply Federal Financial Aid to the student health insurance charge. If you are relying on Financial Aid to pay your bill you must complete an Authorization Form so that we may apply financial aid to this charge. Students who have not already completed the form should complete the below form, print it, and bring it to the Student Accounts Office.