Student Ambassador Program - About the Program
The goals of the Student Ambassador Program at Springfield Technical Community College are to support the academic success of Springfield Technical Community College students and to develop leadership and communication skills of the Student Ambassador.
Student Ambassadors should seek to accomplish three main goals:
- Serve as a role-model, advocate, and peer advisor to new and continuing students.
- Provide students with individualized referrals to campus resources.
- Encourage involvement and engagement in co-curricular life here at Springfield Technical Community College.
Student Ambassador Program Position Description
- Help at Orientation (both Fall & Spring)
- Represent the STCC student community at a variety of internal and external events offered by STCC
- Assist new students in becoming oriented to get involved in student organizations, attend campus events, and to make meaningful connections with people in the college community
- Promote STCC offices, services, activities and events
- Create and maintain and Open House atmosphere during the first two weeks of the semester in the Student Ambassador Center, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Design, create, and implement 2 Student Ambassador events per year (one community service, and one that fulfills a student need)
- Participate in community service events
- Promote student success
How to Apply
The SAP application process occurs during the Spring semester. For those interested in joining, please review the general expectations and requirements of the program as stated in the Student Ambassador Application (DOC)