Center for Student Veterans & Service Members
16, Room 131
Springfield Technical Community College is dedicated to eliminating the barriers to education encountered by veterans and service members.
- Information barriers by providing a "go-to" person who is available to walk you through any problem you encounter on campus
- Financial barriers by providing the most up-to-date information about military benefits
- Educational barriers by clearly posting the policies for Students Called to Duty, and increasing resources for tutoring for military students
- Injury and trauma related barriers by increasing access to mental health and disability services support, advocacy, and accommodations
- Cultural barriers by providing Professional Development for Administration, faculty and staff on personal/mental health issues specific to Veterans
Eliminate the barriers to a successful college education by identifying needs, providing support, promoting communication and interaction among, and empowering the success of students with military training and combat experience.
To thank those students with military experience and combat training by providing them the support tools and resources to successfully traverse the bridge between military service and a fulfilling college experience.
- Access to computers and the internet
- Referrals to other forms of tutoring offered through STCC
- Referrals to outside counseling services
Michael Rossi 413-755-4412
Sue Soffen 413-755-4511
Elizabeth Almeida 413-755-4393
Student Veterans & Service Members Lounge
Building 16, Room 129
Looking for a quiet place to study, eat lunch, access a computer, or just take a break in between classes? Stop by the Student Veterans & Service Members Lounge. While you're there you can interact with other veterans, take advantage of the services the office has to offer, as well as meet with the support staff on hand in the Center for Student Veterans & Service Members.