After School Tutoring Program
To be hired as a tutor for the After School Tutoring Program, you are required to have the following:
- Awarded financial aid / work-study (you get paid by the work-study program.(If you do not get financial aid you cannot be hired)
- Completed English 100 with a grade of “B” or better
- Completed Algebra II with a grade of “B” or better
- Must have an overall GPA of 3.0.
- Must pass a CORI/SORI (Criminal Offender Record Information/Sex Offender Registry Information)
Hours for tutoring:
Monday – Thursday from 3:00pm – 4:30pm (You can tutor everyday, 3 days, 2 days, 1 day). This will depend on the number of children attending the After School Tutoring Program.
Children come from area schools and are brought to the Student Success Center by a parent/guardian.
You will only tutor in the academic area that you are most comfortable tutoring in. I’m in need of students that excel in the following areas: Math (all levels), Science, Chemistry, Physics, History and English writing.
If you are interested in tutoring Math, you will have to take a test which will determine the level of math you can tutor in.
The work study program pays $12.00/hr. Again, the hours are from 3:00 to 4:30pm, Monday – Thursday.