Academic Suspension Appeal Process
(effective through Spring 2014 semester)
The Coordinator of Student Success Services and the Academic Counselor in the Student Success Center process the follow-up of the Academic Standing policy and questions may be addressed to these staff members.
- All students who have been placed on Academic Suspension may appeal that suspension in writing in the Student Success Center prior to the first day of classes. Students on academic suspension will not be allowed to file an appeal of academic suspension on the first day or first week of classes for Fall and Spring semesters and both summer terms. No exceptions.
- Upon review of the appeal the request will be:
- Those students who have been placed on academic suspension for the semester that just ended are required to participate in the PASS program (Program for Academic Success Strategies) if they wish to return for the upcoming semester. PASS involves academic advising and planning, student support and advocacy, study skills strategies and tutoring referrals with the Academic Counselor in the Student Success Center.
- All other previously suspended students who are returning for the upcoming semester are not required to participate in the PASS Program.
- For those students required to participate in the PASS Program for the current semester, the appeal of academic suspension will be denied if the semester QPA falls below 1.00 and the student has failed to meet with the Academic Counselor and comply with the provisions of the PASS program.
- A student in the PASS Program who has been placed on academic suspension for the second consecutive semester may re-appeal the suspension after a separation from the College for a minimum of one semester.