STCC Campus Map and Virtual Tour - Building 14

Buildng 14

Constructed in 1830, this was the first three-story building on the Armory grounds, and was known as the Middle Arsenal. The building was needed for storage after the fire of 1824, and was capable of holding over a quarter of a million guns in several hundred massive weapons racks. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, touring the area on his second honeymoon, compared the polished rifle barrels to organ pipes in his famous poem "The Arsenal at Springfield."

Departments located in building
  • Armory Square Child Care
  • Graphic Arts Technology