STCC Campus Map and Virtual Tour - Building 17 Putnam Hall

Building 17 Putnam Hall

This building was dedicated in 1974 in honor of former Springfield mayor Roger Lowell Putnam. The original Building 17, the Paymaster's House, was moved to this site around 1880 and later became the Armory fire station. At one time a steam boiler was used to pump water; because of the fire in the boiler, the building itself caught fire more than once. Also on the site of the current Buildings 13 and 17 were Quarters 2 and 3, built as officers' quarters.

Departments located in building

  • Chemistry
  • Civil Engineering Technology
  • Computer System Engineering Technology
  • Computer Science Transfer
  • Photography Darkroom
  • Economics
  • Electronic Systems Engineering Technology
  • Engineering and Science Transfer
  • History
  • Landscape Design and Management Technology
  • Laser Electro Optics Technology
  • Law Enforcement / Criminal Justice
  • Mathematics
  • Mechanical Engineering Technology
  • Physics
  • Professional Development Center
  • Psychology
  • Sociology and Anthropology
  • Student Activities & Development
  • Student Ambassador Center
  • Student Government Association
  • Telecommunications Technology
  • Testing Center