WebAdvisor - Questions and Answers
- 1.0 What is WebAdvisor?
All registered students at Springfield Technical Community College have access to WebAdvisor. WebAdvisor offers you, the student, a very useful link to the college via the Internet. WebAdvisor is a secure setting. Because some of the information in WebAdvisor is sensitive and confidential you must have a User ID and Password (sent to you by the college) to access WebAdvisor.
- 1.1 Who can use WebAdvisor?
Prospective students who are awaiting acceptance. WebAdvisor provides you with up to the minute information about course offerings and openings.
Current students to get information about class schedule and grades, to pay fees and a variety of other student activities.
- 1.2 What can I do using WebAdvisor?
WebAdvisor is used by current students to get information about timetables and grades, to pay fees and a variety of other student activities.
The following is a list of some of the things you can do in WebAdvisor. For a complete list, please log in to WebAdvisor and click on "Students".
Students use WebAdvisor to:
- View grades, class schedules, and financial information
- Search and Register for classes
- Add/Drop course(s)
- Pay your bill
- Waive Health Insurance
- Check financial aid status
- View midterm and final grades
- Get an unofficial transcript
- View/print your class schedule
- 2.0 How do I log into WebAdvisor?
To log in to WebAdvisor you must have:
- User ID - This is your student number, e.g. c0012345
- 2.1 What do I need to log into WebAdvisor?
In order to log in to WebAdvisor you need an internet link to WebAdvisor . You can use a high speed link, DSL or dial up. The choice is yours.
- 2.2 What happens if I don't know my User ID?
Your User ID is sent to you by regular mail. If you cannot find it, you can go to the Student Success Center (Building 27, 1st floor). You must provide your STCC Student ID card.
- 2.3 What happens if I don't know my password?
If you have forgotten your WebAdvisor password you can simply reset it. This is a quick and easy process. Please go through the following steps to reset your password:
Go to WebAdvisor
At the bottom on the right side of the screen, click What's my password
Click on "I don't remember, reset my password"
Fill in personal information and click "Submit"
If you have reset your password through "What's my password" and "Reset my Password" in WebAdvisor and do not receive an email with your password within 24 hours, please call the STCC Help Desk at 413-755-4016 (M-F 7:00am to 8:00pm).
- 2.4 Can I change my home address in WebAdvisor?
No. You can either go directly to the Registrars office to update the information or submit an address change request in writing to the Registrar. Any questions contact the Registrars Office at (413) 755-4071.
- 2.5 Can I change my phone number in WebAdvisor?
No. You can either go directly to the Registrars office to update the information or submit address change request in writing to the Registrar. Any questions contact the Registrars Office at (413) 755-4071.
- 2.6 Who is my Advisor?
Under Academic Profile click on My Profile
All of your personal and academic information is provided including your advisor.
- 3.0 How can I find out if a course is being offered
WebAdvisor provides you with an excellent way to find out if a course is being offered.
Under the Registration section, click on Search for Sections if you want to look for classes without registering.
Under the Registration section click on Register for Sections, then click on Search and Register for sections if you want to actually add this course to your class schedule.
- 3.1 I want a course but I don't know the course
WebAdvisor asks that you fill in at least two fields. So, if you enter the term (e.g. 2011FA) and the subject (e.g. English) WebAdvisor will give you a list of all the English classes offered in the Fall term of 2011.
3.2 Can I see a list of all the, for example, Business program classes offered this term?
WebAdvisor gives you course search options.
3.3 Can I get a list of classes offered in the evening only?
Yes, there are a few different ways to do this. Remember the more information you input in your search for sections the more effective your search will be. WebAdvisor asks that you fill in at least two fields.
Example: Enter the term (e.g. 2011FA) and fill in time (e.g. 6 pm) in the Sections Meeting After' drop down box. You can refine your search if you also fill in the days of the week you want.
- 3.4 Can I get a list of classes offered in the morning
Yes, WebAdvisor allows you to set your time parameters by filling in the Sections Meeting After' drop down box and/or filling in the Sections Meeting Before' drop down box. Remember, the more information you input into your search the better the results are. For best results, fill in the before and after boxes as well as the term, subject and course number if possible.
- 3.5 How can I register (add) for classes?
To register (add) for a class, follow the instructions below:
- Under The Registration section
- Click on Register for Section
- Click on "Search and Register for Sections"
- Select your term from the drop down box
- Search for the course (class) that you wish to register (add) for (e.g. ENGL for English)
- Skip the Course Level section
- ;Enter the three digit Course Number (e.g. 100 for Composition I)
- Click "Submit"
- All of the courses for this subject will be listed.
- Click on the course to get a brief Course Description
- Check Availability/Capacity to see if there is still room to register (If a 0 appears in the availability, the class is full)
- Select the Course Section that you want to register for by clicking the check box
- In the Action box, click Register,
- Click "Submit" to register for that class
- Click "Submit" again to confirm registration
NOTE: If you get a message that does not allow you to register for a class, please read the message carefully and try to overcome the problem. If you are unable to solve the problem, please contact your advisor, Registrars Office, or the Student Success Center.
If you have met with your Advisor and completed a scheduling grid, use Express Registration.
- 3.6 Where can I go to view or print out my schedule?
- Under Academic Profile
- Click on My class Schedule
- Select the term in the drop box.
- View or Print
- 3.7 What should I do if the class I want is full?
If a class is full (check availability/capacity in section selection results) you can find another section of that class that has available space.
- 3.8 How can I drop a class?
To drop a class, follow the steps below:
- Under the Registration section click on "Register and Drop Sections"
- Under Action box, open the drop down box and click on Remove from List
- Click "Submit"
- Click on "Ok" to confirm dropped class
- 3.9 Why do I get a message saying I can't register
for a course?
There are a number of reasons you receive the "cannot register" message. The most common is because the course and section you have requested is restricted to students in a particular program. Go back and find another section of that subject and try again. Secondly, you cannot register if the class is full.
- 4.0 How can I check if I am full time in my program?
To check your status, Full-Time (12+ credits) or Part-Time (anything less than 12 credits) please follow these steps:
- Log into WebAdvisor
- Click on "My Class Schedule" under the Academic Profile section
- Enter the appropriate term in the Term drop box.
- Your status is at the top left of the page
- 4.1 Can I put myself in a waiting list for a class?
No. There is no waiting list.
- 4.2 How can I tell if a class is full?
When you search or register for a class look for the AVAILABLE/CAPACITY heading on the section results page. This tells you how many seats are available and how many total seats that class has. If the availability says "0" then the class is full.
- 4.3 How can I tell if a class is restricted?
When you try to register for a class a message appears at the top of the page telling you that your registration for that class was not successful. The message will tell you why you were not able to register. The most common reason is that the class is restricted, only open to students in a particular program.
- 4.4 Why are some classes restricted?
Class restrictions are set up to insure that there is enough space in a class for students who are registered in a particular program.
- 4.5 Can I do a full program withdrawal on WebAdvisor?
No, you cant do a full program withdrawal on Webadvisor.
In order to do a full program withdrawal (dropping ALL your classes and leaving the college), you will need to Contact the Registrars Office located on the 1st floor of Building 15.
Students wishing to officially withdraw from the College during the semester must complete a College Withdrawal Form which must be obtained from the Registrars Office. The student must complete this form and turn it in to the college Registrar. The Registrar is available to speak with any student who wishes to discuss the reasons for the college withdrawal. A copy of the form will be kept in the permanent file of the student. Each semester there is a deadline for withdrawal; it is usually the twelfth week of the semester.
- 4.6 Where can I see my Final Grades?
You can see your final grades in WebAdvisor by following the steps below:
- Click on "Grades" under Academic Profile
- Select the term you want to see your grades for
- Click "Submit"
- 4.7 When can I see my Final Grades?
You can see your final grades after your instructor enters them into the system.
- 4.8 Where can I find last term/last year's grades?
You can view your grades for any term in WebAdvisor. Check off the term that you wish to see.
- 5.0 How can I tell how many and what classes I need
to complete my degree program?
You can determine what classes you need and what classes you have completed to fulfill your program requirements by viewing your Program Evaluation through Webadvisor.
- 5.1 Can I get a copy of my transcript on Webadvisor?
You can get a copy of your unofficial transcript on Webadvisor. To request an official transcript click on the following link to download the Transcript Request Form - http://www.stcc.edu/registrar/requesttranscript.asp. There is a $3 fee charged for each official transcript.
- 5.2 Can I pay my bill on Webadvisor?
Yes, you can pay your bill on Webadvsior by going to View Account and Make Payments, under the Financial Information section.