Lost & Found
Lost & Found items are kept at the STCC Police in Building 9 for up to a year and a day. If the item's original owner can be identified, STCC Police will attempt to locate and notify that person of the item.
If you found an item, please turn it in to Lost and Found at the STCC Police Department in Building 9.
If you lost an item, please check with STCC Police.
Additionally, not every found article is turned into STCC Police. Sometimes, faculty in your department might retain the object for you.
All property turned in to the STCC Police Department is to be disposed of in accordance with the policy as underlined below:
Every effort will be made to locate the owner of the property. Property owners appearing at the STCC Police Department will be required to offer proof of ownership prior to having the items turned over to them.
Unclaimed property is to be held for a period of a year and a day. At the end of this period, the unclaimed items may be returned to the finder or disposed of as follows:
- Money - All money turned in as lost and found and not claimed in accordance with the above will be donated to a charitable organization.
- Clothing - All serviceable clothing will be turned over to a charitable organization.
- Eyeglasses - All eyeglasses will be turned over to a charitable organization.
- Jewelry - All jewelry will be turned over to a charitable organization.
- Keys - All keys will be disposed of after a year and a day.