Two- to Four-Year Transfer Summer Bridge
The summer transfer bridge program will allow transferring community college students in a STEM major participate in a free summer bridge program at several four-year colleges and universities. Details, flyers, and application form can be found on the Massachusetts Department of Higher Education website.
- Provide a welcoming, inclusive environment for the transfer students.
- Connect students with examples of undergraduate research and internships.
- Participants will complete a credit-bearing 4 credit course tuition free, that will contribute to the degree requirements of their STEM major.
- Participants will be exposed to campus resources, support services and student services to experience an increased sense of belonging.
- Students will participate in orientation sessions and meet with dean and advisors to discuss short-term and long-term goals.
- To ensure that community college STEM students who transfer succeed and complete a STEM baccalaureate degree.
- To create a community of peer students, building friendships and relationships with faculty and staff for improved student support and readiness to successfully navigate to completion.
Student Success and Testimonials
The Westfield State Summer Bridge Program honestly as a whole was probably the best introductions to the college that I could have gotten and really made the transition into the first week of classes a much less stressful and dare I say enjoyable task in the end, which I think has helped me to succeed thus farMark Brown