Health Insurance Information

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts, effective September 1, 1989, requires each student carrying nine (9) credits or more to participate in the student health insurance program.

If a student has comparable coverage and wishes to waive participation in the Massachusetts Community College insurance plan, the student must complete a waiver form showing comparable coverage.

The following health insurances cannot be used to waive the STCC health insurance: 

  • MassHealth Limited
  • Health Safety Net
  • Children's Medical Security Plan
  • Out-of-State Medicaid Plans

For further information on the student health insurance you can go to the following web page:

The health insurance provider for the 2018-2019 academic year is Blue Cross Blue Shield, serviced through Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk.

Please note:

  • MassHealth requires students who are eligible for the student health insurance plan and are on MassHealth to be submitted for premium assistance.
  • The last day to waive the student health insurance for a semester is the billing due date for that semester.
  • A student's bill must be paid in full before the College can forward a student's name and payment to the insurance company for coverage.
  • All payments to the payment plan must be made and/or financial aid must be applied to the student's bill, resulting in a zero balance, before the appropriate information is forwarded to the insurance company.

The cost of the Fall 2018 policy effective September 1, 2018 through August 31, 2019 is $1,879.00. The cost of the Spring 2019 policy effective January 1, 2019 through August 31, 2019 is $1,254.00. The insurance company will not process any claims until the student's bill is paid in full and has been submitted to Gallagher.

Please Review: Important Health Insurance Information:


Health Insurance Authorization Form

The STCC Student Financial Services is required to obtain written authorization to apply Federal Financial Aid to the student health insurance charge. If you are relying on Financial Aid to pay your bill you must complete an Authorization Form so that we may apply financial aid to this charge.