Center for Student Veterans and Service Members
Springfield Technical Community College is dedicated to eliminating the barriers to education encountered by veterans and service members. We help address:
- Information barriers by providing a go-to person who is available to walk you through any problem you encounter on campus
- Financial barriers by providing the most up-to-date information about military benefits
- Educational barriers by clearly posting the policies for Students Called to Duty, and increasing resources for tutoring for military students
- Injury and trauma related barriers by increasing access to mental health and disability services support, advocacy, and accommodations
- Cultural barriers by providing professional development workshops/training for administration, faculty and staff on personal/mental health issues specific to Veterans
The mission of the Center for Student Veterans and Service Members is to eliminate the barriers to a successful college education by identifying needs, providing support, promoting communication and interaction among, and empowering the success of students with military training and combat experience.
Our objective is to thank those students with military experience and combat training by providing them a supportive environment with the tools and resources to successfully traverse the bridge between military service and a fulfilling college experience.
- Access to computers and the internet
- Referrals to tutoring services offered throughout STCC in most academic areas
- Referrals to outside counseling services
- Use of the Veterans and Service Members Lounge on campus (Building 16/Room 129)
- Akeilee Murchinson
Veterans Affairs Representative
Student Learning Commons, Building 19, Room 135