Hot Mix Asphalt Plant Technician
WTRD-010 Hot-Mix Asphalt Plant Technician Certification (36 hours plus a 30-day Internship prior to taking certification exam for individuals new to the industry)
If you are interested in this program, please add yourself to the Wait List:
The Hot- Mix Asphalt (HMA) Plant Technician Certification Course is for individuals responsible for the sampling and testing of hot mix asphalt at the production facility.; Suggested participants would include contractor and supplier quality control personnel, consultants, testing firms and agency inspectors responsible for the quality of hot mix asphalt. The purpose of the NETTCP Hot- Mix (HMA) Plant Technician Certification Course is to ensure that Agency, Contractor, and Supplier/Producer laboratory and productions facility personnel who perform the sampling and testing on HMA paving contracts are properly qualified.
- To provide candidates with a basic knowledge of Quality Assurance
- To ensure candidates have a uniform knowledge and proficiency in performing the individual AASHTO test procedures utilized for sampling and testing of aggregates utilized in HMA production.
- To ensure a clear understanding of the basic properties of Performance Graded Asphalt Binder (PGAB) and the proper procedures used for sampling and handling PGAB at the HMA production facility.
- To provide the basic knowledge of the HMA production facility and the typical Quality Control sampling, testing, and inspection procedures used to monitor HMA production.
- To ensure candidates have a uniform knowledge and proficiency in performing the individual AASHTO test procedures utilized for sampling and testing of loose mix and compacted HMA specimens.
To Enroll Online:
- Click: Online Registration
- Click: 'Search and Register for Workforce Development Classes'
- Type in Asphalt and hit 'Submit'
- Click: 'select' box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter your personal and credit card information. Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you and it will include the Building and Classroom for the course.
To Enroll in Person:
STCC Campus, One Armory Square, Springfield MA Building 27, 1st Floor
For more Information, please contact:
Workforce Development Office
Building 27, 1st Floor
- Phone: 413-755-4225
- Email: email@example.com