Hot Mix Asphalt Plant Technician
WTRD-010 Hot-Mix Asphalt Plant Technician Certification (36 hours plus a 30-day Internship prior to taking certification exam for individuals new to the industry)
For more Information, please contact:
Workforce Development Office
Building 27, 1st Floor
- Phone 413-755-4225
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in this program, please add yourself to the Wait List:
The Hot- Mix Asphalt (HMA) Plant Technician Certification Course is for individuals responsible for the sampling and testing of hot mix asphalt at the production facility.; Suggested participants would include contractor and supplier quality control personnel, consultants, testing firms and agency inspectors responsible for the quality of hot mix asphalt. The purpose of the NETTCP Hot- Mix (HMA) Plant Technician Certification Course is to ensure that Agency, Contractor, and Supplier/Producer laboratory and productions facility personnel who perform the sampling and testing on HMA paving contracts are properly qualified.
- To provide candidates with a basic knowledge of Quality Assurance
- To ensure candidates have a uniform knowledge and proficiency in performing the individual AASHTO test procedures utilized for sampling and testing of aggregates utilized in HMA production.
- To ensure a clear understanding of the basis properties of Performance Graded Asphalt Binder (PGAB) and the proper procedures used for sampling and handling PGAB at the HMA production facility.
- To provide the basic knowledge of the HMA production facility and the typical Quality Control sampling, testing, and inspection procedures used to monitor HMA production.
- To ensure candidates have a uniform knowledge and proficiency in performing the individual AASHTO test procedures utilized for sampling and testing of loose mix and compacted HMA specimens.
To Enroll Online:
- Click: Online Registration
- Click: 'Search and Register for Workforce Development Classes'
- Type in Asphalt and hit 'Submit'
- Click: 'select' box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter in your personal and credit card information. Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you and it will include the Building and Classroom for the course.
To Enroll in Person:
STCC Campus, One Armory Square, Springfield MA Building 27, 1st Floor