Soils & Aggregate Inspector Certification
WTRD-012 Soil & Aggregate Inspector Certification (24 hours plus a 30-day internship prior to taking certification exam for individuals new to the industry)
Fee: $925 (includes material and first exam fee)
For more Information, please contact:
Workforce Development Office
Building 27, 1st Floor
- Phone: 413-755-4225
- Email: email@example.com
If you are interested in this program, please add yourself to the Wait List:
The Soils and Aggregate Inspector Certification Course is designed for those individuals responsible for the sampling and testing of soils and aggregates used in base, subbase and roadway embankment construction. Suggested participants would include contractor and supplier quality control personnel, consultants, testing firms and agency inspectors responsible for the quality and placement of select aggregate and soil materials. The purpose of the NETTCP Soils & Aggregate Inspector Course is to ensure the Agency, Contractor, and the Supplier/Producer laboratory and production facility personnel who perform the sampling and testing of soils and aggregates are properly qualified.
- To provide candidates with a basic knowledge of Quality Assurance
- To ensure candidates have a uniform knowledge and proficiency in performing the individual AASHTO procedures for sampling and splitting soil and aggregate samples.
- To ensure candidates have a uniform knowledge of proficiency in performing the individual AASHTO test procedures for field laboratory testing (moisture content, graduation, proctor) of soils and soil-aggregate mixtures utilized in transportation construction.
- To ensure candidates have a uniform knowledge and proficiency in performing the individual AASHTO test procedures for determining the in-place density of soils and soil-aggregate mixtures.
- To ensure a uniform knowledge of the “visual manual” method for field identification and classification of different soil types and the corresponding physical properties.
- To ensure an understanding of the appropriate equipment and methods for satisfactorily placing and compacting soils and soil-aggregate mixtures.
To Enroll Online:
- Click: Online Registration
- Click: 'Search and Register for Workforce Development Classes'
- Type in Soil and hit 'Submit'
- Click: 'select' box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter in your personal and credit card information. Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you and it will include the Building and Classroom for the course.
To Enroll in Person:
STCC Campus, One Armory Square, Springfield MA Building 27 1st Floor