Legal Interpreting Certificate Program
WLIW-040 Legal Interpreting Certificate Program (Instructor-led)(60 hours)
|Section||Date & Time|
Date to be Announced
Books are included with the course.
Legal Interpreting for Depositions, Due Process Hearings, and Unemployment Hearings
This class is open to Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, and Russian speaking students who would like to expand their interpreting skills in legal settings. The course will cover the most in-demand types of hearings such as Due Process Hearings, Unemployment Hearings, and Depositions. Students will learn legal terminology and procedural protocols needed to interpret for these various types of hearings. In addition, students will have the opportunity for intense practice through mock hearings. These mock hearings will give the students the experience and comfort-level needed to apply for work in the field. Trained legal interpreters are in demand throughout Massachusetts and nationwide in law offices, schools, state agencies and contracting agencies.
Students must provide a certificate of completion for a minimum of 40 hours of interpreter training or a letter from your employer confirming a minimum of two (2) years of experience working as an interpreter in any setting.
Please register as early as possible, as a brief telephone interview will be required before acceptance into the course.
Suggested Enrollment Process
To Enroll Online:
- Click: Online Registration
- Click on Search and Register for Workforce Training Classes
- Type in ‘Legal’ and hit 'Submit"
- Carefully click the SELECT box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter your personal and credit card information. Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you. It should have the Building and Classroom for the course.
- If it does not, check with our office at 413-755-4225 a few weeks prior to the class to confirm the room numbers.
To Enroll In Person:
Go to STCC Building 27, 1st Floor, Room 143 to register for the course or call 413-755-4225
Withdraw prior to the start of class* - 100% Refund
No Refunds will be given once class begins
* Please note that special refund policies apply to some courses. The cost of non-returnable items will not be refunded.
In the absence of a written third party contractual agreement stating otherwise, all refunds will be issued to the student. Credit card payments will be refunded directly to the credit card if processed within thirty days of the payment.
Course Cancellation Policy
The STCC Workforce Training office reserves the right to cancel any course that does not meet minimum enrollment requirements.
For More Information, Please Contact:
The STCC Workforce Development Center
Building 27, 1st Floor
- Phone: 413-755-4225
- Email: email@example.com