Essentials for Wireless Networking Certification
WITS-006 Essentials for Wireless Networking Certification (28 hours)
Fee: $839 includes textbook, materials, and practice exams
For more Information, please contact:
Workforce Development Office
Building 27, 1st Floor
- Phone: 413-755-4225
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date & Time
Mondays and Wednesdays, 5 p.m. - 9 p.m.
The Certified Wireless Technician (CWT) is an individual who can install APs based on a design document, configure the AP for initial operations and ensure connectivity. The individual can troubleshoot basic problems and assist users in-person or through remote communications in problem resolution. The ability to configure a WLAN client for connectivity is paramount with an understanding of the configuration process for SSIDs, security settings, and other client adapter settings.
The Certified Wireless Specialist (CWS) is a certification that validates the knowledge of wireless sales, marketing, entry-level support, and decision-making professionals related to 802.11 wireless networks.
This course consists of lectures and hands-on labs to learn the fundamentals of Wireless Networking
- Introduction to Local Area Networks or equivalent knowledge
Benefits of the Wireless Networking Certification
- Provides a competitive advantage by differentiating one's knowledge and skill set on WLAN technologies, allowing both sales and support staff to excel respectively
- According to the Certification Magazine 2007 Salary Survey, entry-level CWNP certification holders earn an average annual salary of more than $67,000
- An unparalleled source for gaining a solid grasp on WLAN fundamentals and terminology
- Delivers on the ability to describe features and functions of wireless components, while providing the skills needed to install and configure wireless network hardware components
- Makes sales and support personnel more independent from the SE, while allowing SE's to support a wider group.
- CWT and CWS are replacing the CWTS Certification
Please feel free to contact the instructor if you have any questions about the course content.
Director of Program Development and Professional Services
VOICE: (413) 755-4506
FAX: (413) 736-4572
- Cisco Certified Entry-level Network Technician (CCENT)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA)
- CompTIA Network+ Certified Professional
- CompTIA A+ Certified Service Technician
- CompTIA Server+ Certified Professional
- CompTIA i-Net+ Certified Professional
- CompTIA e-Biz+ Certified Professional
- Microsoft MCDST, MCP, MTA (OS, Server, Networking)
- Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) Professional E-Commerce
- Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) Instructor
- IBM Certified Specialist- i-Series 400 Operations
- Certified Wireless Technology Specialist (CWTS)
Suggested Enrollment Process
To Enroll Online:
- Click: Online Registration
- Click on Search and Register for Workforce Training Classes
- Type in ‘WIRELESS’ and hit 'Submit"
- Carefully click the SELECT box for the course that you want to take (WITS-006). There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter your credit card information. Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you. It should have the Building and Classroom for the course.
- If it does not, check with our office at 413-755-4225 a few weeks prior to the class to confirm the room numbers.
To Enroll in Person:
Go to STCC Building 27, 1st Floor to register for the course or call 413-755-4225
Certification Exam Objectives
- CWT-100 Exam Objectives (PDF) – (Certified Wireless Technician Exam) - This exam is designed for those individuals who are planning a career as a Technician working in an environment with Wireless Technology
- CWS-100 Exam Objectives (PDF) – (Certified Wireless Specialist Exam) - This exam is designed for those individuals who are planning a career in Sales/Design related to Wireless Networking Equipment
Withdraw prior to the start of class* - 100% Refund
No Refunds will be given once class begins
* Please note that special refund policies apply to some courses. The cost of non-returnable items will not be refunded.
In the absence of a written third party contractual agreement stating otherwise, all refunds will be issued to the student. Credit card payments will be refunded directly to the credit card if processed within thirty days of the payment.
Course Cancellation Policy
The Workforce Training office reserves the right to cancel any course that does not meet minimum enrollment requirements.