5 AXIS CNC Mill Training
WMAN-005 5 Axis CNC Mill Training (24 hours)
Fee: $767 (includes training materials and lunches)
Join us at Springfield Technical Community College’s state of the art manufacturing lab built in 2013 on our historical campus conveniently located in the heart of Springfield at the Tech Park.
For more Information, please contact:
Workforce Development Office
Building 27, 1st Floor
- Phone: 413-755-4225
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Section||Dates & Time|
|Dates To Be Announced
STCC Technology Park Building 111 Directions
Tom Minor is an instructor in the Mechanical Engineering Technology Department at Springfield Technical Community College.
Tom teaches full time during the day and teaches as an adjunct instructor for night classes and non-credit training programs.
Tom specializes in CAD, CAM, CNC, CMMs, and Metrology with Geometric Tolerancing.
Tom teaches hands-on CNC labs where students learn how to set up, operate, and program 3, 4, and 5 axis CNC mills as well as 2 and 4 axis CNC lathes. His CAM course material covers everything from interpreting blueprints to cutting a part on a CNC machine, to inspecting the finished part. His CMM and Metrology classes show students how to inspect their work using precision hand gauges, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing equipment, and CMMs through practical application.
Tom is a Certified Solidworks Associate and holds certificates of completion for Vericut simulation/machine building, Mastercam Post Processor, and PCDMIS CMM training.
Tom holds an AS in Mechanical Engineering Technology from Springfield Technical Community College and BS in Project Management from Wentworth Institute of Technology.
This is an applied training that encompasses everything you need to know to make your first part on a five axis CNC mill.
Training highlights include:
- Hands-on machine setup (fixtures, tooling, etc.)
- Cut example parts on a Haas VF2 with a Trunnion table
- Vericut machine simulation with collision detection
- Overview of longhand CNC programming and CAM programming
A certificate completion will be provided.
Register today to reserve your spot.
Suggested Enrollment Process
To Enroll Online:
- Click: Online Registration
- Click on Search and Register for Workforce Training Classes
- Type in
- Carefully click the SELECT box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter in your personal and credit card information. Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you. It should have the Building and Classroom for the course.
- If it does not, check with our office at 413-755-4225 a few weeks prior to the class to confirm the room numbers.
To Enroll in Person:
Go to STCC Building 16, Room 146 to register for the course or call 413-755-4225
Withdraw prior to the start of class* - 100% Refund
No Refunds will be given once class begins
* Please note that special refund policies apply to some courses. The cost of non-returnable items will not be refunded.
In the absence of a written third party contractual agreement stating otherwise, all refunds will be issued to the student. Credit card payments will be refunded directly to the credit card if processed within thirty days of the payment.
Course Cancellation Policy
The Workforce Training office reserves the right to cancel any course that does not meet minimum enrollment requirements.