WMAN-201 2 Axis Lathe - Operator
WMAN-201 2 Axis Lathe - Operator (24 hours)
Fee: $789 (includes training materials and lunches)
For more Information, please contact:
Workforce Development Office
Building 27, 1st Floor
- Phone: 413-755-4225
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Section||Dates & Time|
|Dates To Be Announced
STCC Technology Park Building 111 Directions
Avoid distractions of on-site training by traveling to STCC for an intensive 24 hour training. The training is held at STCC’s state of the art CNC manufacturing lab, built in 2013. The lab contains (8) Haas CNC mills (3-5 axis capable) and (8) Haas CNC lathes (2-4 axis capable).
Students learn to operate 2 axis CNC lathes through practical application. They simulate proven programs using Vericut software and cut parts on STCC’s 2 axis CNC lathes using turn keyed set ups. They interpret blueprints and use hand gauges to measure their parts, then make adjustments to tool and work offsets as necessary to meet blueprint specification. They run production to understand the importance of cycle time, repeatability, tool wear, and optional stops.
- Cut parts on Haas 2 axis lathes
- Interpret blueprints
- Use hand gauges to measure parts
- Adjust work and tool offsets to meet blueprint specification
A certificate completion will be provided.
Tom Minor and John LaFrancis
To Enroll Online:
- Click: Online Registration
- Click: ‘Search and Register for Workforce Development Classes’
- Type in ‘2 Axis’ and hit 'Submit"
- Click: ‘select’ box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter in your personal and credit card information. Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you and it will include the Building and Classroom for the course.
To Enroll in Person:
STCC Campus, One Armory Square, Springfield MA Building 16, Room 146
Withdraw prior to the start of class* - 100% Refund
No Refunds will be given once class begins
* Please note that special refund policies apply to some courses. The cost of non-returnable items will not be refunded.
In the absence of a written third party contractual agreement stating otherwise, all refunds will be issued to the student. Credit card payments will be refunded directly to the credit card if processed within thirty days of the payment.
Course Cancellation Policy
The Workforce Training office reserves the right to cancel any course that does not meet minimum enrollment requirements.