Certified Personal Trainer
WPER-001 Certified Personal Trainer
Take your passion into a profession. Whether a coach or a fitness enthusiast, this course is for you.
Get all the important information needed to start an exciting successful career as a Certified Personal Trainer. Employers of all sizes have partnered with W.I.T.S. to come and meet you during our classes. Our personal trainer course is a great way to prepare for the on campus national exam and live your dream of a successful personal trainer career in a field you love.
Hybrid/Blended - Program is half online & half onsite at a Fitness Center.
The Hybrid version has all of the awesome lectures online (15 hours) with incredible veteran mentors/teachers working with you every step of the way. The practical labs (15 hours) are still offered LIVE so you can master the skills.
This challenging course is for candidates wanting online lectures and LIVE instruction with an in-depth hands-on practical lab to master the essential career skills and knowledge. The self-paced online course consists of 15 hours of lecture on key topics like biomechanics, exercise physiology, fitness testing, equipment usage, health assessment, and 15 hours of hands-on practical training labs with role-playing drills on assessing clients, programming, performing proper exercises, presentation skills and more.
- Included in the price are exam vouchers for the Level 1 Certified Personal Trainer.
- 92% Passing Ratio on the first exam attempt
- Mentored online SELF PACED lectures with discussion boards & quizzes for optimal learning
- 100-page student workbook, PowerPoints & other study tools (included)
- Student study guide with sample quiz questions (included
- Attend a 5-week practical lab at a Springfield area fitness center for hands-on learning to help lead your client after your certified.
- Online bonus video preparation for practical video labs
To Be Announced
Fitness Professional's Handbook-7th Edition with Web Resource
Students are responsible for purchasing a New Textbook with web resources
How to Order
Buy Online on the WITS Website
Withdraw prior to the start of class* - 100% Refund
No Refunds will be given once class begins
* Please note that special refund policies apply to some courses. The cost of non-returnable items will not be refunded.
In the absence of a written third party contractual agreement stating otherwise, all refunds will be issued to the student. Credit card payments will be refunded directly to the credit card if processed within thirty days of the payment.
Course Cancellation Policy
The STCC Workforce Training office reserves the right to cancel any course that does not meet minimum enrollment requirements.
To view Certified Personal Trainer related careers, live job listings, and average salaries please see STCC’s Career Coach.
The certification exams are held after the course.
Level 1 - Nationally Certified Personal Trainer: For candidates who are prepared to sit for the written and practical exam only. The cost is included in $749. A voucher is made available after the course is completed. A retake of the exam will cost the student $75.
Level 2- Nationally Certified Personal Trainer: Successfully complete your Level 1 exams and finish the 30-hour internship and receive this at no additional cost. A Professional mentor approved by WITS must certify completion. For additional information on this level of certification, contact WITS at: 1-888-330-9487.
W.I.T.S. is an approved CEU provider for the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB), and the International Association of Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
W.I.T.S. is accredited by the NCCA, National Commission of Certifying Agencies, which is the standard for employers to hire Certified Personal Trainers. W.I.T.S. is the only educational certifying agency that requires and is accredited for written and practical skills exams. W.I.T.S. is also the only organization that has pre-approved college credits from the American Council on Education, ACE.
For More Information, Please Contact:
The STCC Workforce Development Center
Building 27, Second Floor
- Phone: 413-755-4225
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click: Online Registration
- Click on “Search and Register for Workforce Training Classes”
- Type in “trainer" and hit “Submit"
- Carefully click the SELECT box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter your personal and credit card information.
- Please note, STCC accepts Visa, Discover, MasterCard, and American Express as well as E-check payments. Students may pay with cash, checks, money orders, and E-Checks as a fee-free alternative to credit/debit payments.
- Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you.
- If you do not receive your receipt, check with our office at 413-755-4225 a few weeks prior to the class.
Enroll in Person
At this time due to COVID-19, in-person enrollment has been suspended until further notice.