Intro to Drones for Commercial Users
WTEC-011 Intro to Drones for Commercial Users (8 hours)
Fee: $545 (Class materials are included)
|Section||Date & Time|
Saturday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
October 19, 2019
Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems, otherwise known as drones, are a dynamic, emerging technology that will literally transform how industries function. This 8-hour course is a comprehensive overview of the information your organization needs to start using drones safely and legally. In this course, we cover the types of flight systems available, their capabilities, and how to pick the one that would be best for your organization. We discuss how drones can be used in specific business applications, and how to apply drone technology to bring efficiencies to your business.
- Multi-rotor and fixed-wing drone flight systems
- Maintenance, registration, certification requirements,
- Safety, insurance, industry applications,
- Featured systems (DJI, Yuneec, etc.), emerging technologies, and the latest FAA policies.
SkyOps Certified Instructor
To Enroll Online:
- Click: Online Registration
- Click: ‘Search and Register for Workforce Development Classes’
- Type in ‘Drones’ and hit 'Submit"
- Click: ‘select’ box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter your personal and credit card information. Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you and it will include the Building and Classroom for the course.
To Enroll in Person:
STCC Campus, One Armory Square, Springfield MA Building 27, Room 143
Withdraw prior to the start of class* - 100% Refund
No Refunds will be given once class begins
* Please note that special refund policies apply to some courses. The cost of non-returnable items will not be refunded.
In the absence of a written third party contractual agreement stating otherwise, all refunds will be issued to the student. Credit card payments will be refunded directly to the credit card if processed within thirty days of the payment.
Course Cancellation Policy
The Workforce Training office reserves the right to cancel any course that does not meet minimum enrollment requirements.