WTRD-026 HVAC II
Springfield Technical Community College and the Gould Construction Institute are pleased to announce a joint partnership in the presentation of this HVAC II training on the STCC campus.
Major Topics covered in HVAC II include:
- Alternating Current
- Refrigerants and Oils
- Leak Detection
- Metering Devices
- Heat Pumps
- Basic Maintenance
- Chimneys, Vents, and Flues
- Sheet Metal Duct Systems
- Fiberglass and Flexible Duct Systems
- Commercial Airside Systems
- Air Quality Equipment
- Introduction to Hydronic Systems
Need help convincing your employer to help cover the cost? Try our Convince Your Boss letter template.
Days: Tuesday & Thursday
Time: 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Dates: September 14, 2021 - May 12, 2022
Withdraw prior to the start of class* - 100% Refund
No Refunds will be given once class begins
In the absence of a written third party contractual agreement stating otherwise, all refunds will be issued to the student. Credit card payments will be refunded directly to the credit card if processed within thirty days of the payment.
Course Cancellation Policy
The STCC Workforce Training office reserves the right to cancel any course that does not meet minimum enrollment requirements.
Student Handbook Policies
As a participant in this program/course I understand that I am bound by all the rules, regulations, and policies of STCC as outlined in the Springfield Technical Community College Student Handbook.
- Call the Division of Apprentice Standards at (617) 626-5409 to get information on getting your DAS ID card.
- When you get your DAS ID card, apply for your Refrigeration Apprentice license from the Division of Professional Licensure (https://www.mass.gov/dpl/opsi)
- Complete the application [MUST LIST THE REFRIGERATION CONTRACTOR (RC) ON APPLICATION]
- Submit a copy of your high school diploma or equivalent certificate
- Submit a copy of your DAS ID card
- Pay $40 to the “Commonwealth of Massachusetts” (check or money order only)
- When you get your Refrigeration Apprentice license, you can start working!
- Must go through an APPROVED Refrigeration School (https://www.mass.gov/service-details/schools-approved-by-opsi)
- Work hours are verified in writing by a REFRIGERATION CONTRACTOR (DAS ID card and Refrigeration Apprentice license must be BOTH valid for hours to count)
For More Information, Please Contact:
The STCC Workforce Development Center
Building 27, Second Floor
- Phone: 413-755-4225
- Email: email@example.com
- Click: Online Registration
- Click on “Search and Register for Workforce Training Classes”
- Type in “HVAC" and hit “Submit"
- Carefully click the SELECT box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter your personal and credit card information.
- Please note STCC accepts Visa, Discover, MasterCard, and American Express as well as E-check payments. E-checks are a fee-free alternative to credit/debit payments.
- Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you.
- If you do not receive your receipt, check with our office at 413-755-4225 a few weeks prior to the class.
Enroll in Person
At this time due to COVID-19, in-person enrollment has been suspended until further notice.