Auto Damage Appraiser License
ZAUT-001 Auto Damage Appraiser License
(60 hours) Fee: $599 (Class materials are included)
Tuesday and Thursdays 6:30PM - 9:30PM
November 28 through Feb 8 (20 sessions)
- Nov 28, 30
- Dec 5, 7, 12, 14, 19, 21
- Jan 2, 4, 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 25, 30
- Feb 1, 6, 8
- (Feb 13/15 Make up dates if needed)
Tuesday Thursdays 6:30pm - 9:30pm
- April 24 26
- May 1 3 8 10 15 17 22 24 29 31
- June 5 7 12 14 19 21 26 28
This 60 hour training is the first step to become an Auto Damage Appraiser in Massachusetts.
- Students completing this training will be prepared to take Part 1 of the Massachusetts Automobile Damage Appraisers License Examination.
This training is designed specifically to train insurance claims professionals and auto body technicians and is approved by the Massachusetts Division of Insurance.
The training is an in-depth discussion of insurance regulations, policy arbitration and work completion forms. It will include use of Flat Rate Manuals, collision diagnosis, cost estimation, and the preparation of written estimates.
The training will be taught by an appraisal Industry professional. Licensed since 1992, he has worked for both the repair and insurance sectors and his experience will give students a comprehensive look at the entire industry while preparing students to take the Part 1 Exam.
To become licensed, in addition to the training, students will also need to complete a three month apprenticeship with a licensed MA automobile appraiser and obtain a certified letter verifying the apprenticeship. This must be completed prior to applying to take the Massachusetts Automobile Damage Appraisers License Examination.
Students must schedule the Part 1 Exam on their own at a later date. There is a Part 1 Testing Center in the Springfield area. When an applicant has all the required material to submit an application for their license, a fee of $100 is required when applying. This fee covers both the Part I and Part II of the exam. For additional information on testing: Licensing Requirements: Motor Vehicle Damage Appraiser
To Enroll Online:
- Click: Online Registration
- Click: ‘Search and Register for Workforce Development Classes’
- Type in ‘Auto’ and hit 'Submit"
- Click: ‘select’ box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter in your personal and credit card information. Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you and it will include the Building and Classroom for the course.
To Enroll in Person:
STCC Campus, One Armory Square, Springfield MA Building 16, Room 146