ZDEV-096 Interior Decorating (40 hours)
"Decorating Secrets Revealed." Interior Design is a hands on class with a qualified instructor. Students learn how to transform residential into aesthetically pleasing, personalized spaces. Focus is on creating complementary color schemes, arranging furniture, selecting flooring, fabrics, and finishes, and placing accessories. Learning where design comes from. From historical to present.
Major Topics Covered
- Principles and Elements of design
- History of design
- Color and design textiles
- Commercial design
- Residential design
Professional Interior Designer
Janet Lyon has been a Professional Interior Designer, and owner of Janet Lyon Interiors, for 25 years. She has been teaching Interior Design occasionally at STCC since 2001.
To Enroll Online
- Click: On Line Registration
- Click on Search and Register for Workforce Training Classes
- Type in ‘Interior' and hit Submit
- Carefully click the SELECT box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter in your personal and credit card information. Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you. It should have the Building and Classroom for the course.
- If it does not, check with our office at 413-755-4225 a few weeks prior to the class to confirm the room numbers.
To Enroll in Person
Go to STCC Building 16, Room 146 to register for the course or call 413-755-4225