Improvisational Skills for the Workplace.
Theater skills enhancing workplace skills.
ZDEV-124 - Improvisation for the Workplace (12 hours)
Fee: $ 150. All course materials are included.
Simply bring a pen, paper and a good attitude!
Wednesdays, 6:00 to 9:00
April 5, 12, 19, 26, 2017
Today's workplace requires quick verbal reflexes and deep listening. This course will increase participants' comfort zones in both of these areas with fun, interactive exercises and instructor and group feedback. Skills honed in an improvisational theater setting are easily transferrable to other fields.
The course is designed by STCC’s Visual and Performing Arts Department, but with an eye on the business world. The instructor is a communications consultant and improv comedian with 20-plus years of experience making people laugh from the boardroom to the stage from San Francisco to New York.
Through fun and low-risk activities borrowed from the improvisational comedy world, participants will build up their confidence and ability in: communication, listening, presenting and problem-solving.
The class size is limited to only 12 people to encourage interaction and participation.
Suggested Enrollment Process http://www.stcc.edu/wt
To Enroll Online:
- Click: On Line Registration
- Click on Search and Register for Workforce Training Classes
- Type in
Improvisationand hit Submit
- Carefully click the SELECT box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter in your personal and credit card information. Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you. It should have the Building and Classroom for the course.
- If it does not, check with our office at 413-755 4225 a few days prior to the class to confirm the room number.
To Enroll in Person:
Go to STCC Building 16, Room 146 to register for the course or call 413-755-4225