Industry Related Airbrushing
ZDEV-228 Industry Related Airbrushing (20 hours)
This workshop is designed to provide instruction in basic airbrush techniques. It will provide hands on experience in introduction to airbrushing, application of make-up, nail design, temporary body art and tanning.
Introduction to Airbrushing – Learning the techniques to operate an airbrushing machine, including proper maintenance and uses.
Airbrushing make-up - One of the fastest growing specialty's today; make-up is applied to clients using an airbrush machine specially designed with water-based cosmetics. Many people turn to professionals to ensure proper application, however at-home airbrushing make-up is possible and most beneficial creating even, long-lasting coverage just like the professionals.
Airbrushing nail design - Designing and creating nail art, using an airbrush.
Airbrush temporary body art - Body art is ever evolving and has been part of theatrical shows throughout movie and T.V. history. These techniques can also include body painting, henna or temporary tattoos.
Airbrushing tanning - Spray tanning is a form of self-tanning (or sunless tanning) sprayed onto your body. This mist has an ingredient in it called DHA that interacts with your own skin's chemistry to turn it tan, or bronze. This technique doesn't damage the skin by causing sun spots, premature aging, or skin cancer.
- Students must be 16+ or at least entering their Junior year of high-school to participate
- Students must supply some of their own materials including:
- Liquid foundation
- Make-up removal wipes
Matthew Kriftcher, ED.S – Professor Graphic Communication & Photography / Artist
Experience in different graphics medium for over 30 years. Airbrushing for 25 years. Teaching at community colleges for 23 years. Teaching airbrushing at Springfield Technical Community College for 10 years.
Ruth Butler – Professor of Cosmetology / Artist
In the beauty industry for over 21 years. Cosmetology Instructor at Springfield Technical Community College for 5 years, and a licensed Aesthetician.
To Enroll Online
- Click: Online Registration
- Click on Workforce Training
- Click on Search and Register for Workforce Training Classes
- Type in ‘Airbrush' and hit Submit
- Carefully click the SELECT box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter in your personal and credit card information. Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you. It should have the Building and Classroom for the course.
- If it does not, check with our office at 413-755-4225 a few weeks prior to the class to confirm the room numbers.
To Enroll in Person
Go to STCC Building 16, Room 146 to register for the course or call 413-755-4225