Fundamentals of Negotiations
Fundamentals of Negotiations (12 hours)
Fee: $150. All course materials are included.
Have you ever wondered what it takes to make better deals and negotiate more effectively? Though you might not realize, we negotiate all the time. If you want to learn how to optimize value in negotiations, then this course is for you. It will introduce you to practical strategies and skills that will help you become a more successful negotiator. In addition, through various hands on in-class exercises you will be able to turn your bargaining weaknesses into strengths.
Negotiating is about resolving differences. People who can master the process of negotiation find they can save time and money, develop a higher degree of satisfaction with outcomes at home and at work, and earn greater respect in their communities when they understand how to negotiate well.
Negotiating is a fundamental fact of life. Whether you are working on a project or fulfilling support duties, this workshop will provide you with a basic comfort level to negotiate in any situation. This interactive workshop includes techniques to promote effective communication and gives you techniques for turning face-to-face confrontation into side-by-side problem solving.
What Will Students Learn?
- Understand how often we all negotiate and the benefits of good negotiation skills.
- Recognize the importance of preparing for the negotiation process, regardless of the circumstances.
- Identify the various negotiation styles and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Develop strategies for dealing with tough or unfair tactics.
- Gain skill in developing alternatives and recognizing options.
- Understand basic negotiation principles, including BATNA, WATNA, WAP, and the ZOPA.
What Topics are Covered?
- What is negotiation?
- The successful negotiator
- Preparing for negotiation
- Making the right impression
- Getting off to a good start
- Exchanging information
- The bargaining stage
- Reaching mutual gain and moving beyond “no”
- Dealing with negative emotions
- Moving from bargaining to closing
- Solution types
To Enroll Online:
- Click: On Line Registration
- Click on Search and Register for Workforce Training Classes
- Type in ‘Negotiation’ and hit 'Submit"
- Carefully click the SELECT box for the CORRECT COURSE DATE. Enter in your personal and credit card information. Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you. It should have the Building and Classroom for the course. If it does not, check with our office at 413-755 4225.
To Enroll in Person:
Go to STCC Building 16, Room 146 to register for the course or call 413-755 4225