Lean Day: Introduction to Lean Healthcare
ZTEC-021 Lean Day: Introduction to Lean Healthcare (7 hours)
Fee: $269 includes all materialsCourse Description
The concepts of Lean Healthcare and process improvement are sweeping through the healthcare workplace and now you can be a part of it! This program is designed for Nurses/Directors, Administrators/Doctors, Coders/Quality Assurance, Purchasers/Office Staff, Managers and Technicians. In just one day participants will learn how to identify and reduce wasted time, energy and resources on the job.
Benefits of this program include:
- Increased Patient Satisfaction
- Reduced Wasted Resources
- Improved Throughput Times
- Simplification of Processes
- Identification of Systems
- Better Staff Morale
The class itself becomes a hands-on hospital simulation where you're part of a team and you’ll learn about::
- Kaizen Tool
- Process Improvement
- Work Flow Analysis
- 5S Tool
- Eight Forms of Waste
- Error Proofing
- Visual Cues
- Reducing Throughput Times
You'll see how the tools of Six Sigma and 5S fit into the streamlining process and you'll walk away energized and ready to get Lean.
This dynamic class is taught by Herb Robbins, a Six Sigma Certified Master Black Belt with over 25 years in the fields of Quality Improvement and Operational Excellence.
Suggested Enrollment Process
To Enroll Online:
- Click: On Line Registration
- Click on Search and Register for Workforce Training Classes
- Type in ‘Lean’ and hit 'Submit"
- Carefully click the SELECT box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter in your personal and credit card information. Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you. It should have the Building and Classroom for the course.
- If it does not, check with our office at 755 4225 a few weeks prior to the class to confirm the room numbers.
To Enroll in Person:
Go to STCC Building 16, Room 146 to register for the course or call 755 4225