Personal and Career Development Programs
Personal & Career Development Programs
- Intro to sUAS (Drones) - Starts September 8, 2018
- Auto Damage Appraiser License - Starts September 4, 2018
- Preparing for the Real Estate Sales Exams - Starts August 25, 2018
- WorkKeys Proficiency Exams - Registration & Scheduling Information
- Customer Service Series Training - New Dates Coming Soon
- Certified Personal Trainer - Fall Session Starts Oct 6, 2018
- Professional Brewing Certificate Program - Starts September 29, 2018
English as a Second Language Courses
- ZESL-100 ESL Level 1 - Starts September 11, 2018
- ZESL-200 ESL Level 2 - Starts September 11, 2018
- ZESL-300 ESL Level 3 - Starts September 10, 2018
MGM Springfield Resort Casino Training Opportunities
STCC is pleased to partner with Holyoke Community College, The Massachusetts Casino Career Training Institute and MGM Springfield to provide training opportunities for individuals who are looking for new careers.
MGM Springfield is scheduled to open in the Fall of 2018. MGM has identified the skills job seekers should possess prior to being considered for employment. The following link lists many of the skills that are being sought by MGM Springfield, as well as other employers in the region. The list also provides direct connections to trainings that match these skills.
Each training that you complete may be included on your SkillSmart electronic application for employment at MGM Springfield. The skills are also applicable to many other professions and industries. These trainings will not guarantee you an interview or employment at MGM Springfield, but they may help you to pursue a career with MGM Springfield or other industries and employers in our region.
Note: Training in Gaming (table games, machines, security and casino management) will be available in late 2017 and/or early 2018.
Note that OSHA-10 Certifications and ServSafe Certification are required for many positions with MGM as well as other employers. Those certification classes are currently being offered on campus. Also, the Customer Service Series of classes are also available to students. See above for current classes.