STCC Workforce Training
The College’s Workforce Training Programs and Classes meet the ever-changing technology and workforce demands of individuals, business and industry in the region. Our mission is to offer programs and classes that will lead to employment. We provide both instructor led and web-based workforce training and certifications in a wide variety of areas including Construction/Trades, Health, IT/Network Certification, Management, Manufacturing, Professional and Personal Development, Real Estate Sales and much more. STCC is also an Authorized Testing Center for many of the leading providers.
Whether you want to upgrade your skills or learn something totally new, we will provide the training for you!
- Workforce Training Office
FAX: (413) 755-6320
- Paul Sheehan
Director of Workforce Training
- Clarensa McCreary
Customer Service Manager
Garvey Hall/Building 16/Room 146
8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Featured IT Certification Programs
- PC/Network Technician Certification Program - Next Program begins October 2017 CompTIA A+, CWTS Wireless Certification , Microsoft MTA Networking Certifications
- Master PC/Network Helpdesk Technician Certification Program - Next Program begins October 2017 CompTIA A+, CWTS Wireless, Microsoft Office, & MTA Networking Certifications
- Essentials for CWTS (Certified Wireless Technology Specialist) Certification - Next program begins April 29th
- Essentials for CompTIA Network+ Certification - Next Program begins September 2017
- Essentials for Cisco CCENT/CCNA (ICDN 1) Certification - Next Program begins August 2, 2017
Featured Healthcare Programs
- Phlebotomy Technician Certificate Program - Please check back for future dates
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Training Program - Next Programs (Day & Evening) Begins May 8, 2017
- Nurse Aide and CPR Certificate Program - Next Evening Program begins May 1. Next Day Program begins June 5th.
- Medical Interpreting Training Program (Instructor-led) - Next Program begins June 5
- Medical Interpreting Training Program - Spanish or Portuguese Online (Web-based)
Featured Personal & Career Development Programs
- Preparing for the Real Estate Sales Exams - Next Program begins June 10, 2017
- English as a Second Language (Various Levels) - Day and Evening classes start on September 11 and 12, 2017
- WorkKeys Proficiency Exams - Registration & Scheduling Information
- Customer Service Series Training - Next Program begins May 2
- Personal Trainer National Certification - Next Program starts June 3
- ServSafe Preparation - Starts June 2017
- ServSafe Renewal - Starts June 2017
- OSHA-10 Construction Safety - Starts May 23
- OSHA-10 General Industry - Starts May 30
- Industry Related Airbrushing - Starts June 5
Featured Programs for Skilled Trades
- Professional Brewing Certificate Program NEW! Starts May 20. A blend of on-line, hands-on lab work and 28 hours of externship at a local brewery.
- Journeyman Electrician Programs - Classes begin September 2017 - New Dates Coming Soon
- Massachusetts Construction Supervisor's License (CSL) Exam Prep - Next programs begins in Spring 2017
Online Non-Credit Training
- Ed2Go Web-Based Education - Education to Go is an online educational content, technology, and services company for higher education. They offer hundreds of quality, online courses to assist you in finding a new career or prepare you for advancement in your current position. The programs provide an engaging, supportive, and convenient environment. They are completely online and available 24/7 so they work with any schedule.
- MindEdge Web-Based Education - MindEdge is a provider of online continuing education courses designed to help you improve your professional knowledge and skills. Courses are available 24 hours a day from any device with an internet connection. We combine interactive exercises, mini-cases, video, and focused reading to ensure that our courses are not only engaging, but that you really learn.
MGM Springfield Resort Casino Training Opportunities
STCC is pleased to partner with Holyoke Community College, The Massachusetts Casino Career Training Institute and MGM Springfield to provide training opportunities for individuals who are looking for new careers.
MGM Springfield is scheduled to open in the Fall of 2018. MGM has identified the skills job seekers should possess prior to being considered for employment. The following link lists many of the skills that are being sought by MGM Springfield, as well as other employers in the region. The list also provides direct connections to trainings that match these skills.
Each training that you complete may be included on your SkillSmart electronic application for employment at MGM Springfield. The skills are also applicable to many other professions and industries. These trainings will not guarantee you an interview or employment at MGM Springfield, but they may help you to pursue a career with MGM Springfield or other industries and employers in our region.
Note: Training in Gaming (table games, machines, security and casino management) will be available in late 2017 and/or early 2018.
Note that OSHA-10 Certifications and ServSafe Certification are required for many positions with MGM as well as other employers. Those certification classes are currently being offered on campus. Also, the Customer Service Series of classes are also available to students. See above for current classes.
Any Workforce Training student with a documented disability is eligible for services from the Office of Disability Services. Documentation guidelines and verification forms are available at Disability Services and should be sent or dropped off to the Office of Disability Services prior to requesting services. Students are encouraged to meet with staff PRIOR to the beginning of the program they plan to enroll in to review documentation and determine accommodation needs. Contact us at (413) 755-4785 to schedule an appointment. The offices are located in Building 27 on the 2nd floor.
Training and Workforce Options
Learn more about Training & Workforce Options (TWO), a collaboration between Springfield Technical Community College & Holyoke Community College that provides affordable custom contract training for your business - at your business, on your schedule and customized to fit your company's needs.