STCC is pleased to offer online classes to students who choose to take advantage of this learning option. Whether you live at a distance from the college, or right here in Springfield, online classes provide flexibility and convenience. Many STCC degree and certificate programs feature a significant number of courses that can be completed partially or entirely online.
The Online Learning staff provides support services including Online Education Orientation Sessions, assistance accessing the Blackboard Learn course management system and general information referrals. For questions concerning online course materials or assignments, please contact your professor directly.
Leila Haddad, Blackboard System Administrator
Building 15, Room 101A
Online classes may be a good option for you if you can answer yes to the following questions:
- Do you have access to a reliable computer and the Internet?
- Are you able to use a computer (send/receive email and use basic word processing functions)?
- Are you motivated and self-disciplined?
- Are you comfortable interacting with your professor and classmates in an online environment (email and online discussion)?
- Are you able to commit approximately 5-7 hours per week to your course including on/off line work?
- Are you able to check email and access the course at least twice per week to complete assignments?
The Blackboard Learn course management system is used to facilitate course materials over the Internet.
- Access Blackboard
- Login Instructions
- System Requirements
- Summer 2017 Course Offerings
- Fall 2017 Course Offerings
- How to Enroll
- Library Card Request
- Orientation Information
- Preview an Online Course
Academic support services for online students include NetTutor, a 24/7 tutoring service available to all STCC students in many subjects. Current students can access NetTutor through the STCCNet Portal by clicking on the icon below (STCCNet login required).