STCC's "College Now" Dual Enrollment Program
One Free STCC Course for Eligible High School Seniors
College Now registration for Summer Session 1, Summer Session 2, and Fall 2014 classes will begin on April 15, 2014. The deadlines to submit the College Now application for each semester are listed below:
- Summer Session 1 Deadline: May 30, 2014
- Summer Session 2 Deadline: June 27, 2014
- Fall Semester Deadline: August 29, 2014
- Students may take one course for free, per semester. If more than one class is taken in the same semester, the student will be required to pay for the additional course.
- A course can be taken in the summer, fall, or spring following the completion of the junior year of high school.
- A new College Now application is required for each semester.
- Students must be residents of Massachusetts to participate in the College Now program.
- Students must meet all course prerequisites. Assessment tests may be required for certain courses and will need to be taken prior to registration.
- The College Now program only pays for courses that are 100-level or higher (like PSYC-100).
- Developmental/remedial, ESL, and non-credit courses may not be taken.
- Students are responsible for the cost of textbooks and any course materials.
- Students must provide their own transportation to and from STCC.
- Students have a choice of taking Day, Evening, Weekend, and Online courses.
College Now Advising Sessions are held in the STCC Admissions Office Conference Room located in Garvey Hall/Building 16, 1st floor.
Advising Sessions are not mandatory but provide prospective students with the opportunity to learn more about the College Now program. Click Advising Sessions to register for an advising appointment.
How to get started:
- Meet with your high school guidance counselor for permission to participate in the program.
- Complete the application and pick three courses with your guidance counselor.
- Get parent/guardian signature if you are under 18.
- A guidance counselor or designated school official must sign the application.
- Homeschooled students must have their applications signed by their school district superintendent or by a school district official.
- Check the College Now advising dates for the next available registration appointment.
- Students must meet all course prerequisites. A student may be required to take a STCC assessment test prior to registering for the course. Students will be informed during the advising/registration appointment if an assessment test is required.
- Applications should be submitted to the Admissions Office located in Garvey
Hall/Building 16, 1st floor. They can also be faxed to the Admissions Office
at (413) 755-6344. If you are unable to visit the Admissions Office, please
mail your College Now application to the address below:
Attn: Admissions Office
Springfield Technical Community College
1 Armory Square
STE 1 P.O. Box 9000
Springfield, MA 01102-9000