STCC's "College Now" Dual Enrollment Program
Eligible high school seniors can take up to four free classes at STCC. Following the completion of their junior year of high school, students can register for a summer session 1, summer session 2, fall, and spring semester course. Students may take a day, evening, weekend, or online course. A new application is required for each semester.
College Now students must submit their application before the deadline date. The deadlines allow time to process paperwork, mail schedules, and create online accounts before the start of classes.
Important Dates - Spring 2015
|Registration Begins||November 19, 2014|
|Online Course Registration Deadline||January 9, 2015|
|Day, Evening, & Weekend Course Registration Deadline||January 16, 2015|
|Classes Begin||January 20, 2015|
- Students may take one free course per semester. If more than one class is taken in the same semester, the student will be required to pay for the additional course.
- Students must be residents of Massachusetts to participate in the College Now program.
- Students must meet all course prerequisite requirements. Placement tests may be required for certain courses and must be taken prior to registration.
- The College Now program only pays for courses that are 100-level or higher (like PSY-101).
- Developmental/remedial, ESL, and non-credit courses cannot be taken.
- Students are responsible for the cost of textbooks and any course materials.
- Students must provide their own transportation to and from STCC.
- Meet with your high school guidance counselor for permission to participate in the program.
- Complete the application and pick three courses with your guidance counselor.
- Get parent/guardian signature (if you are under 18).
- A guidance counselor or designated school official must sign the application. Homeschooled students must have their applications signed by their school district superintendent or a school district official.
- Students must meet all course prerequisite requirements. A student may be required to take a placement test prior to registering for the course. Students can view prerequisite requirements by viewing the course description under schedule of classes.
- Applications should be submitted to the Admissions Office. We are located in Garvey Hall/Building 16, 1st floor. We also accept faxes at (413) 755-6344. You can also mail your College Now application to the address below:
ATTN: Admissions Office
Springfield Technical Community College
1 Armory Square
STE 1 P.O. Box 9000
Springfield, MA 01102-9000