STCC's "College Now" Dual Enrollment Program
One Free STCC course for eligible high school seniors
College Now registration for Summer 2013 and Fall 2013 classes will begin on April 17, 2013. Deadlines to submit completed participation form/s for the summer sessions or the fall semester are listed below.
Please note: A completed participation form includes a completed College Now participation form, placement tests scores (if required for the course a student seeks to enroll in), and high school transcript (if required for the course a student seeks to enroll in). Please know that classes fill up so a student should submit the required paperwork as soon as possible.
- Summer Session 1 deadline: May 28, 2013 3pm, no exceptions
- Summer Session 2 deadline: July 3, 2013 3pm, no exceptions
- Fall Semester deadline: August 23, 2013 3pm, no exceptions
To see what classes are being offered for Summer session 1, Summer Session 2 and Fall 2013, please click on the Schedule of Classes button to the left.
College Now is funded in part by the Commonwealth Dual Enrollment
Program. Eligible high school seniors (Class of 2014) may enroll
in one STCC credit course each semester free of charge. STCC will waive
tuition and fees. Students will pay for books, supplies, and must provide
their own transportation. Students may take any credit course for which
they meet the academic requirements (prerequisites) including day, evening,
weekend and on-line offerings. Courses taken must be applicable to the
high school diploma. Developmental/remedial, ESL, and non-credit courses
may not be taken. A course can be taken in the summer, fall or spring
following the completion of the junior year of high school.
- Students must be Massachusetts residents.
- Signature of high school guidance counselor or other official designated by the school system is required as indicated on the participation application.
- A parent or guardian signature is required for students under age 18
- Students must meet all course prerequisites including, if necessary, the appropriate STCC assessment test prior to registering for the course. Students will be informed during the advising/registration appointment if an assessment test is required.
- Participation forms will be available in the Guidance Offices at each high school and will require the signature of a guidance counselor or other official designated by the school system to verify current enrollment as a senior in good academic standing.
- High school participants may register for courses they qualify for up to the deadline date. (Deadlines to apply and register for summer 1, summer 2 and fall 2013 College Now classes are listed above.)
- After completing the required participation forms with their high school guidance counselor, or other official designated by the school system, a student will call the STCC Admissions Office at 413-755-3333 to sign up for a College Now registration appointment. This must happen before the start of the STCC class a student would like to take.
- While at STCC, participating students are subject to College policies and procedures.
- Students are responsible for the cost of books and supplies.
- Students must provide their own transportation to and from STCC.
- Information on how to obtain a free parking decal, or a free PVTA bus pass is available at http://www.stcc.edu/aboutcampus/parkingtransportation.asp.
- The College reserves the right to cancel courses for administrative reasons.
College Now Advising Sessions will be held in the STCC Admissions Office Conference Room located on the first floor of Garvey Hall. Advising Sessions are not mandatory but are very helpful in providing prospective students with the opportunity to ask questions, register for a class, and learn more about STCC's College Now/Dual Enrollment Program for high school seniors. Please call the STCC Admissions Office at 413-755-3333 to let us know if you'll be attending one of the following advising sessions.