STCC's "College Now" Dual Enrollment Program
Eligible high school juniors and seniors can take up to 8 free classes at STCC. Following the completion of their sophomore year of high school, students can register for a summer session 1, summer session 2, fall, and spring semester course. Students may take a day, evening, weekend, or online course. A new application is required for each semester.
|Registration Begins||November 24, 2015|
|Online Course Registration Deadline||January 15, 2016|
|Day, Evening, & Weekend Course Registration Deadline||January 22, 2016|
|Classes Begin||January 25, 2016|
- Students may take one free course per semester. If more than one class is taken in the same semester, the student will be required to pay for the additional course.
- Students must meet all course prerequisite requirements. Placement tests may be required for certain courses and must be taken prior to registration.
- The College Now program only pays for courses that are 100-level or higher (like PSY-101).
- Developmental/remedial, ESL, and non-credit courses cannot be taken.
- Students are responsible for the cost of textbooks and any course materials.
- Students must provide their own transportation to and from STCC.
- Meet with your high school guidance counselor for permission to participate in the program.
- Complete the application and pick three courses with your guidance counselor.
- Get parent/guardian signature (if you are under 18).
- A guidance counselor or designated school official must sign the application. Homeschooled students must have their applications signed by their school district superintendent or a school district official.
- Students must meet all course prerequisite requirements. A student may be required to take a placement test prior to registering for the course. Students can view prerequisite requirements by viewing the course description under schedule of classes.
- Applications should be submitted to the Admissions Office. We are located in Garvey Hall/Building 16, 1st floor. We also accept faxes at (413) 755-6344. You can also mail your College Now application to the address below:
ATTN: Admissions Office
Springfield Technical Community College
1 Armory Square
STE 1 P.O. Box 9000
Springfield, MA 01102-9000