Student Success Center
Located in Building 27 (adjacent to the college library)
The Springfield Technical Community College Student Success Center is designed with the student's success in mind. We will seek to provide each individual the chance to overcome obstacles and to be successful in accomplishing their individual goals.
The Student Success Center staff is committed to:
- Treating all students with respect, patience, and caring;
- Listening carefully;
- Being resourceful in providing options, advice, and tools.
"Success is our middle name!"
Hours of operation:
- Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Our Services include:
- Tutoring available in most subject areas by appointment and on a limited walk-in basis.
- Campus Wide Tutor Referral Services
- Technical Support For Webadvisor and Student Email
- Academic Counseling, 4:00pm to 7:00pm, Monday - Thursday, walk-in or by appointment.
- Walk-In Student Information Referral
The Student Success Center staff:
- Myrna Rivera-Sablak - Coordinator Student Success Services
- Omar Colon-Clerical Office Assistant
- Marie Gacek -Clerical Office Assistant
- Carla Rosati - Clerical Office Assistant
- Aida DeJesus - Clerical Office Assistant
- The main lab has 25 private computer workstations with internet access available for student use with an additional 14 workstations that accommodate one on one tutoring and advising.
- The presentation lab has 24 student workstations and is used by faculty and staff to conduct group learning activities and presentations that incorporate software programs.
- Meeting rooms are available upon request for campus meetings & academic support activities.