Student Success Center
The Student Success Center helps students overcome obstacles and to be successful in accomplishing their personal, educational, and professional goals. All services provided are free to all STCC students.
One-on-one tutoring available in most subjects (based on the availability of tutors).
- Success coach meeting (by appointment or walk-in)
- NetTutor online tutoring
- Supports for students on Academic Warning and Academic Suspension
Student Success Coach
Your Student Success Coach is a professional staff member who will help you navigate the responsibilities of being a student while balancing the demands and nuances of your personal life. Services include:
- Study skills
- Time management skills
- Organizational skills
- Self-care strategies
- Guidance with on/off-campus resources
- Self-advocacy assistance
- Adjusting to college
- Success planning
- Removing barriers to academic success
Students who wish to schedule a campus or remote appointment with a Student Success Center (SSC) tutor should email SSC@stcc.edu or call (413) 755-4715. Your email or voicemail should include your student ID#, a phone number where you can be reached, the days and times you are available, and the course (English Comp 1, Chemistry, or Algebra II) and professor for which you are seeking support. When leaving a message on the SSC voicemail, please speak clearly and be specific.
In-person appointments will be available on a limited basis for the Spring 2022 semester and based on tutor availability. Remote tutoring will continue to be available.
The tutor schedule will be posted on the Student Success Center Portal page. (STCC Account login required)
The tutoring schedule will specify if tutoring is on campus or remote.
Once an appointment is made, the student and the tutor will receive an email confirmation with the tutor’s name, containing appointment details.
A Google Calendar invite will be sent to both the student and the tutor. When the student accepts the reminder by clicking YES, a Google Hangouts link will be available to them in their calendar. Students will use that link to meet up with their assigned tutor during the designated day and time.
Current students should visit the Student Success Center page on the STCC Student Portal stccnet.stcc.edu (login required) for more information on services.
NetTutor is an online tutoring platform available 24/7. It is tutoring support for students whose schedule may require times that may not be available through the tutoring services provided by the SSC or may need help after SSC hours (see hours below).
- 24/7 online tutoring
- Log in with your STCC Account username and password. If you do not know your STCC Account username and password please see the Getting Started with Your STCC Account page.
To access NetTutor, click the link below and log in with your STCC Account username and password.
For help using NetTutor please see the video below.
Academic Suspension Support
Students at STCC are expected to maintain their academic performance in order to satisfactorily complete their certificate or degree program. The Academic Standing policy states that students who are placed on academic warning will be placed on suspension, if after their subsequent semester they fail to achieve the minimum 2.0 GPA requirements.
What should you do if you are placed on Academic Suspension? You should take immediate action, because when being placed on Academic Suspension:
- Your student registration account gets placed on hold
- You become in jeopardy of losing your financial aid award.
- Additionally, if you have already registered for the upcoming semester, your classes will be deleted.
- Submit the Appeal of Academic Suspension E-Form.
- Once the E-Form is received by the Student Success Center (SSC), you will be sent the link to the calendar with the dates available to meet with the Academic Review Board (ARB).
- The ARB (a caring support team of staff and faculty members) will discuss best practices and ways to ensure that you are set-up for success for the upcoming semester.
- Keep in mind, in order for you to be eligible to register for the upcoming semester, you must appeal your suspension.
Monday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Tuesday: Remote Operations
Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday: Remote Operations
*Hours may be impacted due to holiday and other college closings
Location: Ira H. Rubenzahl Student Learning Commons (B19),
2nd Floor Next to the Library