Please note, on-campus and in-person services are unavailable while COVID-19 campus restrictions are in place. The Writing Center will continue to assist students remotely until campus restrictions are lifted.
Writing Center services are free and available to all STCC students who need assistance with writing projects. We provide peer tutoring for all STCC classes – not just for English classes.
Writing Center Services
- Support for all courses
- Support for all types of writing - essays, research papers, lab reports etc.
- Support for all stages of the writing process - brainstorming, organization, development, drafting, and revising
- Guidance in APA and MLA formatting
- Tutors can also help with discussion board posts!
Making an Appointment
To request an appointment students should complete the Writing Center Appointment Request form. The following items are required to complete the form:
- The course code and assignment that needs support
- The professor who teaches the class
- What you need help with (organizing, developing, revising, etc.)
- The best phone number to reach you by in case we need to get in touch with you
Once a request is made to the writing center, you will be contacted by one of our writing tutors within 24 hours. Before your session please review our Tips for a Successful Zoom Tutor Session.
Meet Our Tutors
Writing Center tutors are specially trained peer STCC students with a passion for writing. Click here to meet our tutors. For more information about becoming a tutor please see the contact information below.
If you have questions about the Writing Center and tutoring please see our Frequently Asked Questions page. If your question is not answered please feel welcome to reach out using the contact information below.
- For more information about making an appointment, please contact the Writing Center at email@example.com.
- For more information about becoming a tutor or for questions about services, please contact Sally Brewster, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here to meet our tutors.