Please note, on-campus and in-person services are unavailable while COVID-19 campus restrictions are in place. The Writing Center will continue to assist students remotely until campus restrictions are lifted.
Writing Center services are free and available to all STCC students who need assistance with writing projects. We provide peer tutoring for all STCC classes – not just for English classes.
Writing Center Services
- Support for all courses
- Support for all types of writing - essays, research papers, lab reports, etc.
- Support for all stages of the writing process - brainstorming, organization, development, drafting and revising
- Guidance in APA and MLA formatting
Making an Appointment
Interested students should email email@example.com to request an appointment. In your email please include the following:
- The course code and assignment that needs support
- The professor who teaches the class
- What you need help with (organizing, developing, revising, etc.)
- The best phone number to reach you by in case we need to get in touch with you
Once an appointment is made, the students and the tutor will receive a Google Calendar invitation with the details for the appointment. On the day and time of the tutoring appointment, please click on the Zoom link provided to you in the Google Calendar invitation to be brought to the virtual chatroom. Our staff will be waiting to assist you in the chat upon your arrival and will get you set up with your tutor.