Please note, on-campus and in-person services are unavailable. The Writing Center continues to assist students remotely.
Writing Center services are free and available to all STCC students who need assistance with writing projects. We provide peer tutoring for all STCC classes – not just for English classes.
Emails to the Writing Center will receive an email response during the following times: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Writing Center Services
- Support for all courses
- Support for all types of writing - essays, research papers, lab reports etc.
- Support for all stages of the writing process - brainstorming, organization, development, drafting, and revising
- Guidance in APA and MLA formatting
- Tutors can also help with discussion board posts!
Making an Appointment
To book an appointment with a writing tutor, students should check the Writing Center Appointment Calendar for available times. Appointments can be booked directly from the calendar.
Once an appointment is booked, a Google Calendar invite with a Zoom link will be sent to your email. The appointment will also appear on your Google Calendar. Please follow the guidelines below:
- Use the Zoom link in the appointment description to access the meeting. When you click the link, you will be placed in a waiting room until your tutor is ready.
- Please arrive at your appointment on time. Tutors will wait up to 15 minutes for students to arrive late. After that point, the timeslot will become available to other students.
- If you need to cancel an appointment, you can do so by deleting the appointment from your Google Calendar or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please give us as much advanced notice as possible when cancelling.
- Appointments are one hour long. Please do not book back-to-back time slots.
At the time of your appointment, please have the following:
- The assignment that needs support
- Your professor’s name and course code
- An idea of what you need help with (organizing, developing, planning, etc.)
Before your session please review our Tips for a Successful Zoom Tutor Session.
Meet Our Tutors
Writing Center tutors are specially trained peer STCC students with a passion for writing. Click here to meet our tutors. For more information about becoming a tutor please see the contact information below.
If you have questions about the Writing Center and tutoring please see our Frequently Asked Questions page. If your question is not answered please feel welcome to reach out using the contact information below.
- For more information about services, making an appointment, or becoming a tutor, please contact Ashley Pease at email@example.com.
- Click here to meet our tutors.