2018 Commencement Information
- COMMENCEMENT - Commencement will be held at the MassMutual Center on Thursday, May 31, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. Because it will take some time to get everyone in order and provide any last minute instructions, please plan to arrive at Exhibition Hall no later than 5:00 p.m. Use the Main Street Entrance, these doors will open at 5:00 p.m. All guests are to use the Box Office Entrance to the MassMutual Center on Bruce Landon Way (formerly Falcons Way). Those doors will open promptly at 5:30 p.m. Guests should proceed directly to the event. No guests will be allowed to enter the building prior to 5:30 p.m., only Graduates are allowed to enter early through the Main Street Entrance on the corner of Main Street and Bruce Landon Way (formerly Falcons Way).
- ANNOUNCEMENTS – Each graduate will receive ten souvenir announcements. They will be available for pick-up in the Student Activities Office, Building 17 and The Registrar's Office, Building 15, beginning Friday, May 4. If you need additional announcements, extras will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis beginning Thursday, May 10. PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE ANNOUNCEMENTS ARE FOR YOU TO GIVE TO YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS AS SOUVENIRS AND ARE NOT NEEDED FOR ENTRANCE TO THE MASSMUTUAL CENTER.
- CAPS AND GOWNS – Caps and gowns will be available on Thursday, May 24 from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., on Friday, May 25 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.; and on Tuesday, May 29 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. They can be picked up in the Lobby of Student Activities in Building 17. THERE IS NO NEED TO BE MEASURED IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR GOWNS. THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR CAPS AND GOWNS.
- PHOTOGRAPHY – The College has engaged the services of a professional photographer to take pictures of each graduate as she/he receives the diploma. Proofs of the pictures will be mailed to you several weeks after Commencement and you are under no obligation to purchase photos. Please note that because we have a professional photographer, NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE FLOOR OF THE MASSMUTUAL CENTER TO TAKE PICTURES DURING THE CEREMONY.
- CEREMONY – Information concerning the organization of the ceremony will be distributed to you when you pick up your cap and gown. The ceremony will take approximately 2 ½ hours.
- PARKING – The best place to park will be the Mass Mutual Center Garage. Parking is also available at the Tower Square & Columbus Center parking garages and other downtown area garages. There is a fee charged for these parking areas. Please be aware there is considerable construction occurring at this time in downtown Springfield, therefore parking may be more difficult than usual, so plan your time accordingly.
- AT THE CONCLUSION OF GRADUATION: – Once the ceremony has ended, you will go back to Exhibition Hall and receive your diplomas (you will receive a blank diploma cover during the ceremony.) Please arrange to meet your family/friends in a specific location outside the building after the ceremony has concluded and you have received your actual diploma (students who graduated in January and who have already received their diplomas, as well as students who will complete their program requirements in August 2018, should exit the building after the ceremony has concluded).
*** DIPLOMA INFORMATION FOR THOSE NOT ATTENDING THE CEREMONY – There are several ways for you to obtain your diploma if you do not attend Commencement. You are welcome to stop in at the Registrar’s Office, Building 15, to pick up your diploma, one week after Graduation. The Office is open from 8:00-6:00, Monday thru Thursday and 8:00-4:00 on Friday. You must present a photo I.D. If you would like someone else to pick up your diploma, you must give that individual a note with your signature authorizing him/her to do so. You also have the option of having your diploma mailed to you for a fee of $4.95. Please make your check or money order payable to S.T.C.C. Please call Registrar’s Office at 755-4321 if you have any questions about picking up your diploma.
ALL ADDITIONAL INFORMATION WILL BE PROVIDED WHEN YOU RECEIVE YOUR CAP AND GOWN.