This office supports students and faculty to ensure their compliance with program and affiliation site requirements.
Our Office Can Help With
- Verifying student and faculty health clearance based on program and fieldwork requirements.
- Vaccine information
- Compliance dates and deadlines
- Criminal background check and drug testing questions
- Clinical fieldwork site onboarding requirements
Compliance Policies and Procedures
- CORI/SORI (Criminal Offender Record Information & Sex Offender Registry Information), required annually. Form linked below in Additional Requirements.
- Criminal Background And Drug Screening and Policy for Fieldwork Placement
- Health Compliance will direct students through this ordering process 60-90 days prior to the start of clinical fieldwork or upon notice from the program clinical coordinator, whichever comes first.
- N95 Mask Fit Test Instructions
- Before getting fitted for an N-95 mask, you must complete the medical evaluation and training for clearance. Once medically cleared (confirmed by checking e-form status 2-5 days later), the SIMS Team is conducting mask fitting in Building 20, Room 248 through September 30th, 2021. N95 Testing and Mask fitting will be available on a walk in basis from 9:00am- 2:00pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays each week.
- STCC COVID-19 PCR Surveillance Testing Requirement
- Affiliating students who have been granted a medical or religious COVID-19 vaccine exemption by the College must comply with the testing parameters noted in this document.
Students are advised to obtain immunity documentation when applying to their academic program or sooner. Hepatitis B often requires a booster dose before immunity can be confirmed and in some cases requires completion of a full second series-taking 6 months or more! Upon acceptance, the following documentation is required:
- Hepatitis B Positive titer (anti-HBs) demonstrating immunity AND documentation of three vaccine doses
- T-Dap within the last ten years (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis), must remain current
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella two vaccine doses OR lab titer showing immunity for each component
- Varicella two vaccine doses OR positive titer results
- Meningitis vaccine (for those under the age of 21)
- Tuberculosis screening – T-Spot or QuantiferonTB Gold blood test within the past 6 months of acceptance OR two one-step (4 ACTIONS) tuberculin skin tests administered 1-3 weeks apart, required annually
- COVID-19 vaccination is required for fieldwork affiliation
- Influenza vaccination is required for fieldwork affiliation
- Physical: A completed Student Physical Exam Attestation Form specific to the program indicating "Cleared for all classroom/lab/fieldwork participation without restriction", signed by a physician, Physician's Assistant or Nurse Practitioner and dated within 1 year of the program’s start.
- Criminal Offender Record Check (CORI)
- Nationwide 7 Year Criminal Search
- Sex Offender Record Check (SORI)
- Multi Panel Drug Screening
- CPR certification (American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers)
- Students must carry personal health insurance, which can be purchased through the college if needed
School of Health & Patient Simulation Program Health Record Requirement Checklists
To view a checklist of program-specific health record requirements please see the Health Forms for each Program on the Health and Wellness Center page.
Submitting Health Requirements
- Refer to the program-specific instructions listed on the Health Record Requirement Checklist (above)
- Guides for submitting documentation
Compliance Forms & Technical Standards
- Health Compliance STCCNet Portal Page - Click here to access compliance e-forms and technical standards
- Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) Acknowledgement Form - (STCCNet login required)
- Hartford HealthCare COVID-19 Questionnaire for Fall 2021
Related Policies and Procedures
Our mission is to help students & faculty navigate through clinical requirements to ensure student success by Supporting Students, Transforming lives.
To provide prompt and accurate compliance information to both our faculty and clinical partners by utilizing current resources and technology to improve and automate our processes, all while pursuing a level of community college excellence that is worthy of local and national recognition.
For information and answers to questions regarding health requirements for clinical fieldwork please contact STCC Health Compliance using the contact information below.
Ira H. Rubenzahl Student Learning Commons (B19), Room 180