Student Affairs is charged with supporting and participating in the academic mission of the College. As educators we seek to maintain and enhance a purposeful, open, disciplined, caring and diverse community. As such we value integrity, dedication, commitment, honesty, social and civic responsibility, while promoting our students' intellectual, emotional, physical, and spiritual development. We are committed to optimizing student development through excellence in services, programs and facilities.
As specialists in the field of student development, we serve as student advocates both inside and outside the classroom. We consult and collaborate with faculty, staff, administrators and campus external governing agencies. Through collaborative research and evaluation we study our environment, programs and services and are accountable to our students, the College, our state and our profession for providing a quality educational experience for all students.
Mission of Student Affairs
The Mission of Student Affairs is to complement the academic mission of the college. Student Affairs provides opportunities for student development, student involvement and experiential learning which contributes to student success and satisfaction.
The primary focus of Student Affairs is to promote individual student growth, personal achievement, and social responsibility through a wide range of programs and services intentionally designed to complement the student's educational experiences and which strives to:
- foster student academic success through a series of staff and peer mentoring programs
- emphasizes ethical and responsible student behavior through the administration of the Student Code of Conduct and a fair equitable program of student judicial review
- develop the social, civic, and leadership skills of students through a wide variety of student organizations, group activities, and leadership programs
- encourage and facilitate programs that advance the cultural, social, civic, leadership and educational development of students within a pluralistic and multicultural learning environment
The Dean of Student Affairs Office provides student advocacy and support for all STCC students. We are here to advocate for you and ensure that your college experience is the best it can be. Our services include:
- Conflict resolution
- Debt appeals
- Guidance in judicial and grievance procedures
- Referrals for services both on and off campus
LaRue A. Pierce, Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs/Dean of Students, LAPierce@stcc.edu
Mary Moriarty-Copeland, Administrative Assistant. firstname.lastname@example.org
Building 19, Second Floor, Rooms 161
Office hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.